Dentist who takes Preferred Care Insurance

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Default Dentist who takes Preferred Care Insurance

We have preferred Care Partners Insurance and are looking for a good dentist who accepts the plan

Does anyone have a suggestion?
Old 01-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Sage

Dr. Fisher on Old Camp Rd. across from Barnes and Noble in that new medical park!
Old 01-25-2012, 12:22 PM

Can anyone recommend him??
Old 01-26-2012, 09:04 AM

I can recommend Dr. Willard Fisher. Also, Lucy is a great hygenist. I am so happy to find a good dental practice that is a Preferred Care provider. It took me a long time to find this dental practice.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:39 AM

Thanks for the info on Dr. Fisher, I'm calling today before everyone else finds out about that practice !
Old 01-27-2012, 07:06 AM

Good idea! Shhh!! Don't tell anyone else.
Thanks
Old 01-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimivillager View Post
Good idea! Shhh!! Don't tell anyone else.
Thanks
Someone must have told someone! We stopped by Dr. Fischer's office today to make our first appointments for cleanings, exam, etc. and the soonest we can be seen is June 1st! I think almost every person who has Preferred Care Partners must have made appointments with this office! Any feedback on the office and the staff will be greatly appreciated. We will try him this time and see how we like the place and the staff.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Sage

Had the 1st visit...glad the appointment was made b/4 the new year if they're that busy. It was pretty efficient---cleaning, x-ray and check by the dentist. I'm hoping too it was a good decision to go with him. Don't have alot of choices with PCP but if the general check-up gets paid we're happy with that!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Had the 1st visit...glad the appointment was made b/4 the new year if they're that busy. It was pretty efficient---cleaning, x-ray and check by the dentist. I'm hoping too it was a good decision to go with him. Don't have alot of choices with PCP but if the general check-up gets paid we're happy with that!!!
Thanks for the feedback, NotGolfer. We were about ready to head to Ocala to find a PCP dentist there. Unfortunately, there are not many in The Villages area who are on the PCP provider list. I am hoping that someone who had work done by Dr. Fischer will post here. I'd like to know what kind of a job he does with crowns, bridges, etc. Since we had NO dental coverage with original Medicare, I agree with you, that getting decent exams and cleanings, with no co-pay, is a real bonus. I hope he works out. I like the location and the nice, new office.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
Thanks for the feedback, NotGolfer. We were about ready to head to Ocala to find a PCP dentist there. Unfortunately, there are not many in The Villages area who are on the PCP provider list. I am hoping that someone who had work done by Dr. Fischer will post here. I'd like to know what kind of a job he does with crowns, bridges, etc. Since we had NO dental coverage with original Medicare, I agree with you, that getting decent exams and cleanings, with no co-pay, is a real bonus. I hope he works out. I like the location and the nice, new office.
THAT would be good to know! I have had extensive, expensive work in my mouth so was quite nervous about this change. So, far (for me) so good!! Time will tell however. Hopefully he won't be "so" busy he drops the ball a bit with his care for patients.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:43 PM

Sure can great guy and does not seem to be only interested in your pocket book.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:39 PM

It sounds like he did not suggest unnecessary work for you. How was the hygienest? Where I went last, I had a lot of painful xrays. (my mouth is small and the xray film thingys were huge!)
Old 02-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thumbs up

Hygenist was sweet and have to say it wasn't a painful procedure!!! She asked if I had a water pik (I do...as that's what my former hygenist recommended) and she concurred they're helpful for good dental health!! I would say a thumbs up to this practice (so far)!!!!
Old 02-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Hygenist was sweet and have to say it wasn't a painful procedure!!! She asked if I had a water pik (I do...as that's what my former hygenist recommended) and she concurred they're helpful for good dental health!! I would say a thumbs up to this practice (so far)!!!!
I am addicted to my Water Pik so she will be happy to hear that when I go for my first cleaning in June! I have used a Water Pik for 4-5 years now and I use it several times a day when I am home. If anyone who has gone to Dr. Fischer has any work done (crowns, bridges, etc.) I hope they will post here as to how happy they are with the dentist and with the procedures. It would be so nice to find a really good dentist who participates in the PCP insurance.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:27 PM

Just had a crown prep done by Dr Fisher today. Good experience. Very modern equipment, and professional staff. Took a little longer than my other experiences with crowns, but I attribute that to careful and thorough work. For example, one girl thought an impression was ok, another thought it might not be good enough. So they reworked it.

I had my initial exam and cleaning a few weeks ago. Went very well. I had previously been going to Magnolia and switched because of PCP. Happy I did.

TV's in each exam room, you pick the channel you want.

x-rays are done directly to computer, no film.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.