Dentists

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2016, 06:28 PM
Default Dentists

Anyone have experience with Aspen Dental or the Dental Club dentists?
Old 04-28-2016, 06:50 PM
Sage

Stay away from Aspen--look @ reviews online--major ripoff
Old 05-02-2016, 09:59 AM

My wife and I just had our first dental appointment since moving to The Villages and we are totally impressed with the staff
and dentist, Dr Kenitra Kelly at Grand Traverse Dental Care in Wildwood. My hygienist, Laura,was very personable, professional,
and thorough. I've been to a few dentists in Maine and Tennessee, and I have to say, this is a "topnotch" practice.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:31 AM
Sage

I've used the Village Dentists-had all my teeth capped. Excellent job; had an issue with their constant uncharges when using their hygienist,

Went to another dentist . Dr. Davis--his speciality is periodontics & implants--this way I will guarantee the life of my crowns foundations.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Stay away from Aspen--look @ reviews online--major ripoff
When to Aspen Dental to get a regular cleaning and they said I needed $3,000 of dental work.

I walked out.

BTW - I never got the regular cleaning as they said I needed a deep cleaning for over $600 and they referred to a periodontists. What part of a "regular cleaning", did they not understand?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 05-10-2016, 08:41 AM

I would stay away from VIP Dental. In addition to be extremely expensive, the dentist rarely does any work on the patient. The dental assistant does most of the work including fitting of crowns & bridges. The dentist will pop into the room, briefly chit chat, take a quick look & leave for the assistant to finish (and I don't mean routine cleanings). I have been going for 2 years & have spent a lot of money. In addition, I have been given the wrong perscription several times by the receptionist. I won't be going back.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:43 PM

My husband and I both recently went to VIP for dental work. He got a partial and I got a bridge. Not sure what the cost would have been elsewhere but we find the staff extremely friendly and professional. Also knowledgable as well. Their technicians appear well-trained and I didn't mind the technician fitting the temporary bridge. She was very caring as I have extremely sensitive teeth. They also take their time to make sure things fit perfectly. The dentist came in and verified all was well in the end and also was the one to place my permanent bridge, making sure it fit to perfection. My husband had gone to a TOTV-recommended dentist here prior to VIP and found him to be very impersonal and downright rude. Maybe it is all in one's expectations but when I find what works for me, I keep it until it doesn't work any more. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:32 PM

Aspen Dental is a business employing dentists. A dental practice owned by the dentist is a very different thing. Do your research...
I worked in dentistry in PA for 25 years....private practice.
Closed Thread

Tags
dental, dentists, club, experience, aspen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.