Dentists

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2017, 10:28 PM
Default Dentists

Does anyone know a good dentist that excepts the UHC Villages insurance?
Old 01-07-2017, 05:17 PM
Sage

Wildwood Family Dentistry on 301
Old 01-08-2017, 10:09 AM
Veteran member

As far as I know none, could be wrong though. I went To Aspen, and ladyLake Smiles, both mis diagnosed my obsessed tooth, wanted to remove the tooth, I went to UF School of dentistry, they got it right!
Old 01-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Wildwood Family Dentistry on 301
Hold on to your wallet.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdawg View Post
Hold on to your wallet.
So suggest someone for the OP. We don't have the same bone to pick as you did so it's all individual I'd think. Years ago I had LOTS of mouth/teeth issues and dreaded the dentist. NOW not so much as I've gotten a "handle" on the care etc. from that past treatment I received.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

If you have UHC your provider list should give you the selections you are looking for. You could also stop into one of the Medicare Stores in any of the squares and they can also direct you to provider. My advice...the fact that they accept your insurance doesn't make them a great dentist.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-10-2017, 07:21 PM
Veteran member

good luck-I went to a practice on United Health Care list-I was supposed to be charged $0 for visit,$0 for x-rays and get a free cleaning-They charged me $10 for visit and said the $0 co-pay was at their discretion,took more x-rays than supposed to without telling me and charged for those.As for the free cleaning they told me they'd do that on next visit when I come back for the deep cleaning for $400.I never went back.This was at the place on 441 near the the Comcast office.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:30 PM

This is dangerous territory. Unfortunately, there are medical health providers of all kinds here in TV that want to take advantage of an aging population and uninformed and/or sick people. There are also excellent doctors/dentists. Use an abundance of caution when choosing providers. Be very thorough with your investigations and choices. When in doubt, always get a second opinion. Again, I caution, do your homework.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:01 AM

I also went to the dentist near the comcast. I was charge $38.00 dollars. $10.00 for observation whatever that means. $28.00 for vertical bite wings that they said is not covered. I was told I had periodontal work needed and that would be $1,341.00. I had this work done about 3 years ago and regular cleanings. Plus they said lots of cavities and of course like all dentist like to do the crowns, etc. I never asked estimate for that work. When I asked about discount for the periodontal work they said there is no discount. The united health care medical advantage plan only covers xrays and cleaning twice a year. No discount fee for anything else. Full price. Call the united health care dental and you will find this out. I went an brought a dental plan from dental plans.com I chose Cigna dental and am going back to my dentist in Bushnell. I trust them. Its a bit of a ride but it gets me out of my bubble. I saved over $1,000.00 on my 2 bridges when I had the dental plan. There are several dentists I can go to in the villages with the Cigna plan but I am going back to my dentist in bushnell.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
Does anyone know a good dentist that excepts the UHC Villages insurance?
Good luck, seem the Dentist in Florida are the "used car salesman of dentistry". Working my way through two so far. Was disgusted with the last one. First the tech done pocket checks, then, the dentist done pocket check, then the cleaning person didn't agree with the Dentist done another pocket check. Called the dentist in said hers was correct Cause SHE WAS Pushing Into the BONE!

My mouth was never as sore from all the poking not the cleaning. Then, wanted to replace one tooth had no cavity just small amount bone lost around the root for 7 grand. One TOOTH. I said that's not going to happen and walked out. My mouth was sore for month after that. I guess they figured the seen $$ if I was gullible eventually replace the 27 I got left for 189,000. with the new implant scheme.

If you find honest good one that don't try to release you of your life savings Let us know.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Here are a couple of dentist that will only do the work that is required and not try and take you the cleaners.

Southern Trace Dental, in the Southern Trace Shopping Center on 466 between Crispers and Publix. Dr. Lesh is pictured below, a University of Florida graduate, and one day a week they also have Dr. Terry Braun from Ocala.

Southern Trace Dental - Full Service Dental Care in the Villages, Florida

The Villages Florida

Baylee Dental on 441/27 in the Baylee Shopping Center in Summerfield. On the left side going north about a mile past Stonecreast, same shopping center as the Sears store.

Dr. Cayia | CEREC(R) | Summerfield Dentists | Baylee Dental | Emergencie Dental Service | Florida

Dr. Cayia is a 1984 graduate of the University of Florida.

The Villages Florida
Old 03-01-2017, 10:38 AM

Hi everyone. I can also confirm the above comments about the dentists I've go to so far. They mislead, quote work that doesn't need to be done and don't accept most discount plans. And as for the UHC twice a year cleaning and check-up, for get about it. I called up and made an appointment at the Sumter Landing Dental Care office for one of my UHC (United HealthCare) benefit cleanings because of an ad they placed in the paper. I also asked the gal making my appointment if they still accepted the UHC plan. She said they did. When I got there, the tech took me in and took a complete set of X-rays, then took me into an exam room and took bite wing X-rays as well. I asked him if there was going to be a charge for it, and he said, no it was part of their new patient program. Then the dentist came in and did a pocket check and like explained above, pushed into the bone so hard I jumped. Did't get an apology or anything. Long story short I was handed an estimate to the tune of $689.00. I said okay, I'll consider it, and now do we clean my teeth? He said no, I need root scaling and was told the UHC cleanings are for people with "healthy mouths". I get a cleaning every 4 months due to my past issues and take extremely good care of my teeth and gums. So, I left and headed over to the UHC office in Brownwood. I asked the customer agent if they were indeed part of the plan benefits. I showed her the paper ad I cut out. She didn't even have to look, she said they used to be but haven't been authorized for quite some time. My other bad experience was at the Grand Traverse Dental office, where I did get a cleaning a year ago, but was told I needed 2 crowns very soon. When I was back in MN and went to my original dentist for a check up and cleaning, he gave me a thumbs up and and said see you next time. I asked him if I needed any crowns. I got a funny look and then explained my experience with Grand Traverse. I showed which 2 teeth I was told needed a crown. He said they were fine and did not need to be crowned. He told me to look for a different dentist in TV. So, if anyone out there can really recommend a good dentist that isn't just looking to fill there wallet, please let me know.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:32 PM

Has anyone tried the new "wildwood" dentistry on rte 44 by Powell?
Closed Thread

Tags
excepts, uhc, villages, insurance, dentist

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.