Doctor visits while renting in TV

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Default Doctor visits while renting in TV

This will be our first visit to TV (Jan-Mar 2009). If we require a visit to a doctor (non-emergency), any suggestions on who we could call for a general practitioner and a dentist? For any emergency issues, where do we go? Thanks.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:01 PM
Sage
Default Re: Doctor visits while renting in TV

There is an urgent care center in Lake Sumter area that I've heard very good things about. That could serve as your non-emergency practicioner.

Dentists....hmmm, not sure if it's worth establishing a relationship with a dentist...maybe take your chances and call if you have an emergency.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Platinum member

You might want to check with your health insurance company before you go to TV. I did this before our visit, and our HMO said that we could go to any "Beech Street" affiliated doctor or hospital, but for emergencies only. The Villages hospital IS a Beech Street hospital, so emergencies were covered. Not sure what happens when you have a sinus infection... might have to go to the ER? I'm also not sure what constitutes an emergency these days. I always thought an emergency involved unconsciousness and lots of blood or broken bones?

We just returned from Connecticut where the CVS drugstores have a doctor in residence! It was a lifesaver! (Not a REAL lifesaver, like the ER, but more like a quality-of-life saver)For $59 I saw a doctor and then walked 5 feet to the pharmacy where they filled the prescriptions for another $99. It was worth every penny, and I was able to enjoy the rest of my visit to your fair state. They said I would have to file the claim with my HMO myself. I'll let you know if they pay for anything.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 06-28-2008, 07:25 PM

We spent two months in Florida this winter (not TV unfortunately), and my husband had a couple of medical problems as well as needing regular blood tests to check his coumadin levels. They had an urgent care there that was great for his needs. Also, the lab he used had a branch in the area. It worked out very well.
New Jersey
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.