Doctors using Stem Cells

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2017, 06:35 AM

Can you ask for referrals from people who have used their services?
There is another company in Ormond Beach, Neo Matrix Medical, doing stem cell work with placental stem cells.
I totally agree you need to be very careful about who you see for this type of treatment
Old 04-10-2017, 08:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default OhioBuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If it isn't covered by medicare, I would be suspicious. I am suspicious of any presentation from a rented hotel space. It feels to me like someone is trying to sell someone something that is hard to sell. I run like Hell away from all such presentations.
Yea, I would be a little leary about it. I'm a little worried about my heart issues. I've had a 5 way heart bypass & being from Ohio I don't think most of us really know who's a good Dr. & who isn't. I do know you don't want to go to TV hospital if you have some major heart issues. All though I do like my heart Dr. but then again there's so many of us older people that have heart issues & you hear so many good stories & a lot of nightmare stories, I don't know who to believe. I love life so much & I worried about my heart issues so much that I think about moving back to Ohio.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Regenerative Medicine is an extremely interesting subject and if anyone is really interested in this they can do a search of the major hospitals in the US. and all over the world, and you will find that all these hospitals have a Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine center. You will also find that stem cells are being used in these major hospitals with some success.

On the other hand, going to one of the major medical centers and going to one of the new clinics popping up all over the place are two different things. If I needed help and was looking for stem cell research I would first contact one of the major hospitals and find out what they are doing and what results they are having.

A young member of my family has suffered severe back problems due to degenerative arthritis in the spine for several years and when the pain got too bad he got an appointment at a spinal clinic. He then went for a second opinion at New England Baptist Hospital in Boston where they have a spine clinic. He had a 7 hr surgery there, came out with steel rods in his spine, after which he had several months of varying degrees of PT. He is finally free of pain. The point of this is the spine clinic told him they could "cure" him and he would walk out with a band aide.

I believe we have the finest hospitals in the U.S. and that is where I would go first for anything major - oh, and I have! Now that I live in Florida Mayo is my go to hospital for major surgery.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-10-2017, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Yea, I would be a little leary about it. I'm a little worried about my heart issues. I've had a 5 way heart bypass & being from Ohio I don't think most of us really know who's a good Dr. & who isn't. I do know you don't want to go to TV hospital if you have some major heart issues. All though I do like my heart Dr. but then again there's so many of us older people that have heart issues & you hear so many good stories & a lot of nightmare stories, I don't know who to believe. I love life so much & I worried about my heart issues so much that I think about moving back to Ohio.
That's a bit drastic isn't it? You have some superb hospitals in this area .... Mayo, Shands, Orlando, Tampa General .............. all within driving distance and all employing first class Cardiologists. If you wanted a referral to one of those I am sure your own doctor would do this for you.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-10-2017, 10:02 AM

I belive I read that Gov. Rick Perry of Texas had this procedure done and a couple more prominent people. Google will probably tell you though.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Default Orthopedic stem cell applications

I worked in orthopedic research for 36 years for a fortune 100 company. Before retiring I was a long-time member of the Orthopedic Research Society and numerous biomaterials organizations and also sat on research review committees for the NIH evaluating many research proposals for government funding. I followed closely the medical advances regarding stem cells and potential therapies involving stem cells. At present there are no stem cell therapies involving injections that are cleared by the FDA or that have been found effective against the progression of degenerative joint disease including the spine.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:53 AM

I agree!
Closed Thread

Tags
stem, cells, medical, procedure, experience

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.