Don't go there

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2017, 05:10 PM
Default Don't go there

Sitting at the 2nd urgent care with my 94 year old dad that is visiting me. The 1st was bursting at the seams and they were so rude to everyone. We opted out. Not a first there at Lake Sumter. We'll never go back. That's a story for another day.
We Are here because he is not well. I doubt he'll be able to wait the very long wait ahead of us. Not even on a good day . This is not a case for the ER I hope. We didn't go that route because we want to leave those open for true emergencies what is one to do ?
Old 02-06-2017, 05:19 PM

Drive 40 min. Up I 75 to Ocala Regional Medical Center ER. There is a live billboard on I 75 telling you how long the wait is. Usually under 15 min. You will be done and out of there or admitted if needed in less time than it would have taken you to be seen in an Urgent care in the Villages during snowbird season. This has saved my husband hours of waiting and stress. great place! Avoid Villages hospital ER at all costs.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

I have used Lake Regional Urgent Care in the medical plaza on Old Camp Rd (at the east end of the plaza) a couple of times...with excellent results.

They take X-Rays and have a doctor on site.

I had went first to the other urgent care place (can't remember the name) that is in the same plaza, but is on the very west end of the complex.

After waiting forever and then overhearing the receptionist talking to someone else, I find out that all they had was a nurse and no ability to X-Ray...so I left immediately.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railcruiser View Post
Sitting at the 2nd urgent care with my 94 year old dad that is visiting me. The 1st was bursting at the seams and they were so rude to everyone. We opted out. Not a first there at Lake Sumter. We'll never go back. That's a story for another day.
We Are here because he is not well. I doubt he'll be able to wait the very long wait ahead of us. Not even on a good day . This is not a case for the ER I hope. We didn't go that route because we want to leave those open for true emergencies what is one to do ?
Note that there are two urgent care centers at Lake Sumter Landing, both in the same complex.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railcruiser View Post
"at the 2nd urgent care" and "1st was bursting" I'm sure you were stressed when posting, but this is so vague, it is of no value to us.

I hope your father is well.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:21 PM
Eternal Member

I always go to Lake Regional Urgent Care on Old Camp Rd.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:39 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
We also go to Lake Regional Urgent Care. You can count on having a doctor present.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:51 PM

I wasn't looking to help . Was one time looking for advice. Problem solved thank your
Old 02-06-2017, 10:12 PM
Platinum member
Exclamation Lake Regional Urgent Care on Old Camp Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post

I have had outstanding success being treated at this facility over a period of years.

On one visit the doctor determined I was in congestive heart failure and had me rushed by ambulance to TVRH for immediate care. On other occasions they were able to diagnose me with x-rays when appropriate, and deal with problems that required repeated visits for wound dressings.

Tags
wait, day, long, ahead, hell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.