Dr. Alexander Smirnoff, Neurology

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Default Dr. Alexander Smirnoff, Neurology

My husband has been diagnosed with Parkinsons's and we were sent to Dr. Singh. We won't be going back - now we're being sent to Dr. Smirnoff. Has anyone used him and what was your impression? Thanks!
Old 07-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Gold member

I first went to Dr. Singh, I feel he knows his stuff, but office staff made many errors in Appt., etc... Dr. Singh himself, I felt was extremely rude to both me and later my husband. I decided not to go back.
Went to Dr. Smirnoff, liked the office staff, they were very accomadating in fitting me in. The Dr. himself spent alot of time with me, listened, questioned, etc...ordered some additional testing which was facilitated quickly. After tests saw his PA who also was very good, took time , etc...
So I am happy with him and his office.
I know others on this forum are not happy with him, but I can only speak about my circumstances.
I never met a Dr. as arrogant as Singh ! I started to say something to Singh about something I'd read and he answered, "I don't care what you read, I will tell you the facts!" That was it for me.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Veteran member

Dr. Tikku is an excellent neurologist. He is near Oakwood BBQ.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:34 AM

Did you see Dr Smirnoff? If so, what do you think? My husband sees him. We think he is great but his front office personnel can be difficult.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:24 AM
Dancing Thyme

Don't get me started about Dr. Singh,,, the first visit went very well and he seemed to listen and be very knowledgeable but the 2nd and 3rd visit were horrible on top of which, he decided to change all my regular prescriptions without discussing it with me and/or my primary care physician. He was arrogant, rude, condescending and wrong about a lot of things. Its impossible to discuss anything with him and at the end of a visit, he hands you a written report and says just follow it. See ya in 3 weeks,,, well,,, not me. Never again. I didn't change my current prescriptions and discussed it with my primary and she will never recommend him again.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-14-2014, 01:08 PM
Gold member

Totally agree kathie1. Smirnoff can be a little arrogant at times, but nothing like Singh.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:11 PM
Default Smirnoff

Smirnoff can be a little arrogant at times
Old 04-15-2014, 01:07 PM

My wife and I met with Dr. SMIRNOFF TODAY. We found him to be caring about my wife's leg problem. He gives a feeling of hope and confidence to his patient. I was so thrilled ,I'm going to make cheese steaks for the office. I think we should give the doc a break since he is European and is getting used to his patients. He is serious and that is what we wanted.352-633-2164....Summit office court.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:19 PM
Email Reported As Spam

We like Dr. Smirnoff. We know quite a few people who like him a lot and a few who really, really don't like him...I think a doctor is a very personal choice. Give him a try!

Best of luck to your husband, and you. Do you know about the Parkinson support groups in The Villages. The "Parkinson Fight Club" meets 3 days a week, Sun., Mon., and Wed....very active and uplifting. Another group meets on Thursdays and sometimes on Wed. You will find info in the Rec. News for both groups.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:07 PM

My recommendation would be to go to Shands at Gainsville. Dr. Michael Okun. well worth the trip for a proper diagnosis and treatment.
Good luck and do come to the Fight Club get togethers Sundays and Wed. Mon. morn is men only.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:38 PM

It looks like Stands hospital.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:28 PM

My husband has had a stroke and Dr. Smirnoff is his neurologist. My husband likes him. He takes time to explain things and does his homework.

Last edited by jrandall; 05-02-2014 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-02-2014, 08:47 AM
Default close,but no cigar....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennisadamek@yahoo.com View Post
My wife and I met with Dr. SMIRNOFF TODAY. We found him to be caring about my wife's leg problem. He gives a feeling of hope and confidence to his patient. I was so thrilled ,I'm going to make cheese steaks for the office. I think we should give the doc a break since he is European and is getting used to his patients. He is serious and that is what we wanted.352-633-2164....Summit office court.
Turns out he does not know what STAT means and does not work on Fridays, so only get sick Monday through Thursday. Not going to make cheesesteaks.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:28 PM

Agree with you Billy g.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.