Dr Casper and Jennifer Davis (Alliant Dermatology)

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2016, 05:35 PM
Default Dr Casper and Jennifer Davis (Alliant Dermatology)

I called Alliant Dermatology to see a Dermatologist for myself and my wife. I had checked earlier to see if Dr. Casper was a provider for UHC Advantage (The Villages Plan) Dr. Casper was on the list... so I tried to make an appointment with Dr Casper and we could not get in for several months as two new patients. They then asked if we would like to see Jennifer Davis PA.... and we said yes and were in to see this fine lady in a few days. Fast forward a few weeks, I get a notice of Denial of payment for both office visits and a procedure on my wife amounting to several hundred dollars. I call UHC and was told that Dr. Casper was affliliated with UHC advantage and Jennifer Davis is not... Not what kind of a deal is that...A PA working under a Doctor, in the same office one is covered by UHC and the other is not....I tried to find out if Alliant Dermatology was covered, but the answer I got was Casper is and Jennifer Davis is not... So Let the buyer beware..... Lesson learned I guess....
Anyone else aware of such a practice?
Old 04-17-2016, 05:55 PM

I have seen Casper and Ms, Davis both and my insurance which is BC/BS has covered both..It must be your insurance company and several of our friends have used her also without any insurance problems..Sorry
Old 04-17-2016, 07:10 PM
Sage

Another Medicare Advantage disadvantage! That's a new twist; so sorry for your experience but thank you for your warning. Who would think a PA's insurance wouldn't parallel the doctor's. Dr. Casper's office should have told you that to begin with. I'd complain to them. Assume that whatever the visit was for, it wasn't strictly cosmetic?
Old 04-17-2016, 08:40 PM

It was not cosmetic, it was precancerous removal...We should have been told... that is for sure... I am calling the doctor's office tomorrow
Old 04-17-2016, 09:05 PM
Platinum member

Doesn't make sense to me!!
Old 04-18-2016, 12:13 AM
Sage

I've seen both also with full coverage so far under UHC Advantage.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:12 PM

Your issue isn't with Dr. Casper or his PA.

It is with his OFFICE STAFF and whoever works in submitting the forms to the ins. company.

There are new people there and probably didn't know.
]
I had same thing. I called UHC and they were wonderful.

Claim was resubmitted and all is well.

Relax. It will be taken care of. It was just an error upon whoever in his office processes the insurance.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:45 AM
Sage

I'm a patient there and just saw the young woman for a all-body check. I have the UHA plan and haven't seen a bill. Think my app't was in late Feb. or sometime in March.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:17 PM
Dancing Thyme

I just started with United Health Advantage in Jan., called Dr. Casper's office and was told they told they aren't in the program with UH. I called UH and was told they were for the Advantage program, so called back to Dr. Casper's office and informed them, they double checked and all is okay.

I think its just an error in paperwork, speak to UH and they will straighten it out, I'm sure. Good luck!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

Tags
casper, uhc, jennifer, davis, alliant, dermatology, office, covered, advantage, wife, deal, amounting, visits, working, kind, procedure, hundred, told, affliliated, doctor, call, dollars, answer, guess, learned

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.