Dr. Martinez-Cruz or...

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2016, 09:56 AM
Default Dr. Martinez-Cruz or...

We are looking for an Internist and have seen the outstanding glowing reports on Dr. Martinez-Cruz. It does not appear, however, that he is Board Certified. Does anyone have an Internist outside The Villages Health System they can recommend who has good credentials with regard to education and training and is Board Certified? Education and training are more important to us than personality. Of course, both are nice but brains, intellect, and competency are more important in our opinion.
Thanks for your help.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:57 AM
Sage

Felix Agbo
Old 11-15-2016, 10:58 AM
Dancing Thyme

We have been seeing Dr. Cruz for about 4 years and so have a great many of our friends. He is very intelligent, highly educated, has a great understanding of medications and is sympathetic and caring. He's easily reached, especially when you really need him. I must admit, I started off being wary but am now a 100% in love with him. He is very personable and spends a lot of time with you answering questions. I don't think you could go wrong. Have you met with him yet?

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 11-15-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
We have been seeing Dr. Cruz for about 4 years and so have a great many of our friends. He is very intelligent, highly educated, has a great understanding of medications and is sympathetic and caring. He's easily reached, especially when you really need him. I must admit, I started off being wary but am now a 100% in love with him. He is very personable and spends a lot of time with you answering questions. I don't think you could go wrong. Have you met with him yet?
No, we haven't met with him because we are still in the process of researching who might be good. I agree his credentials are good and most everyone seems to love him. We're concerned about his lack of Board Certification. That seems important.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by optv13sp View Post
No, we haven't met with him because we are still in the process of researching who might be good. I agree his credentials are good and most everyone seems to love him. We're concerned about his lack of Board Certification. That seems important.
It is important to me, too. We see Felix Agbo.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:39 PM
Veteran member

Dr. Martinez (his last name is not Cruz) is an excellent physician as well as an excellent diagnostician.
What makes you think that all board certified doctors are good?
You can find lousy doctors anywhere, regardless of what their credentials are.
Misplaced priorities, perhaps?
Old 11-17-2016, 01:30 AM

Martinez-Cruz also does not carry malpractice insurance. The office is very up front about this, and as a new patient, you are given a notice to sign acknowledging your awareness of this. I agree that he seems very caring and knowledgeable, but after only visit I still haven't made up my mind.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT514s View Post
Martinez-Cruz also does not carry malpractice insurance. The office is very up front about this, and as a new patient, you are given a notice to sign acknowledging your awareness of this. I agree that he seems very caring and knowledgeable, but after only visit I still haven't made up my mind.
Just curious -- what are your reservations?
They might be helpful to someone else.
Old 12-24-2016, 04:57 PM

I was a patient but got tired of being called "beautiful" and my husband being called "handsome." He has a chart; look at it and call me by name. We left as we did not feel he was as current on some medical issues that were important to us. We are very happy with our current MD.
Old 12-25-2016, 01:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by optv13sp View Post
His lack of board certification is a personal choice that he made, not something that was denied to him. He has an aversion to spending $ needlessly. He keeps his office visit fee low to facilitate people with no or poor insurance. He also has a sign in his office stating that he does not carry medical malpractice insurance. If you meet with him, he will explain those two decisions to you.

I'm sure you've read my posts about him if you have done a search on him. His work at Mass General in Boston and experience with the many different medical conditions encountered there make him very qualified, in my mind. As I mentioned in an earlier post, he recognized an uncommon vascular disease in a family member and took quick action to avoid organ damage. There was only one symptom, but he knew it from experience.
Old 12-25-2016, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

He is an excellent doctor. Believe me you do not get to be at Mass General and Harvard Medical School without knowing what you are doing. He also continues his education through seminars at Mass General.

I have been taking three blood pressure meds for the past 25 years, he recently weaned me off three and onto one. I have lost 11 lbs on the one pill he perscribed, I have a problem with fluid retention and one of the pills I was taking was causing fluid retention!!! On the plus side, my BP pills went from $158 for three months to $6.

I think finding a physician is a very personal thing, rather like kissing frogs until you find the prince. I only hope this man continues practicing until I am no longer in need of a doctor!

Keep looking until you find a doctor you are comfortable with, don't just go by our recommendations.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-25-2016, 06:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
He is an excellent doctor. Believe me you do not get to be at Mass General and Harvard Medical School without knowing what you are doing. He also continues his education through seminars at Mass General.

I have been taking three blood pressure meds for the past 25 years, he recently weaned me off three and onto one. I have lost 11 lbs on the one pill he perscribed, I have a problem with fluid retention and one of the pills I was taking was causing fluid retention!!! On the plus side, my BP pills went from $158 for three months to $6.

I think finding a physician is a very personal thing, rather like kissing frogs until you find the prince. I only hope this man continues practicing until I am no longer in need of a doctor!

Keep looking until you find a doctor you are comfortable with, don't just go by our recommendations.
Okay, I'm stealing that "kissing frogs till you find the prince" simile... or is it a metaphor.
Old 12-25-2016, 07:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Okay, I'm stealing that "kissing frogs till you find the prince" simile... or is it a metaphor.
I'd love to be able to claim it, but no ............."The classic fairy tale “The Frog Prince” is told with many different variations. In the most common modern version a Princess kisses a frog, and the animal is transformed into a handsome Prince. " I hear this phrase from time to time on the TV.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

Tags
certified, board, important, education, training

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.