Good gastrointestinal doctor

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Default Good gastrointestinal doctor

Can anyone recommend a good GI doctor in The Villages?
Old 11-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Sage

You may need a referral but....

Dr. Thomas Matthew Gastro. of Ocala
Oakland Hills
Professional Center
The Villages
352-751-4885
Old 11-01-2013, 10:21 PM

can anyone recommend any good gluten-free foods and reasonable places to purchase them. I have just been placed on a gluten-free diet and could use some help. I also understand that there are some restaurants that also have a special menu. Please let me know. Thank you.

Nietche
Old 11-01-2013, 10:29 PM

Walmart on 466 has a great gluten free section! The Life Long Learning College has a gluten free class that is very informational and there's always info on google. Good luck!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Dancing Thyme

Publix in Southern Trace has a large array of Gluten free foods in their Greenwise section. I haven't seen that at the Publix in Colony.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 11-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennisadamek@yahoo.com View Post
Can anyone recommend a good GI doctor in The Villages?
Just had a Colonoscopy and Endoscopy today and I highly recommend Dr. Baskar

He has an office in LSL.

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 11-02-2013, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
You may need a referral but....

Dr. Thomas Matthew Gastro. of Ocala
Oakland Hills
Professional Center
The Villages
352-751-4885
Dr. Truesdale, Dr.Van ElDic are all excellent. They have offices in the villages and Ocala..they also take medical advantage plans.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:33 AM

I have been gluten free now for about 6 months and feel so much better (I have crohns disease) If you have an I phone, there are many apps to download that will help you find GF in resturants as well as GF choices at fast food resturants. Around town, I eat at Olive Garden, Bamboo Bistro, Bob Evans, Cane Garden (as for the gluten free menu) and call and ask before you go to a new place if they have gluten free selections. Most resturants will accomodate you. I make a lot of my meals at home because I love to cook and you can google recipes that are gluten free. When I read ingredients on the food labels, if it's too hard to pronounce the name, it doesn't belong in my body. If all else fails, eat meat fish or chicken with veggies when dining out. It's very simple to stay gluten free. And you get used to it. Plus I lost about 20 pounds once I stopped eating wheat products. PM me if you would like any more suggestions or have questions.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietche View Post
can anyone recommend any good gluten-free foods and reasonable places to purchase them. I have just been placed on a gluten-free diet and could use some help. I also understand that there are some restaurants that also have a special menu. Please let me know. Thank you.

Nietche
I sent you a private message.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleE View Post
I have been gluten free now for about 6 months and feel so much better (I have crohns disease) If you have an I phone, there are many apps to download that will help you find GF in resturants as well as GF choices at fast food resturants. Around town, I eat at Olive Garden, Bamboo Bistro, Bob Evans, Cane Garden (as for the gluten free menu) and call and ask before you go to a new place if they have gluten free selections. Most resturants will accomodate you. I make a lot of my meals at home because I love to cook and you can google recipes that are gluten free. When I read ingredients on the food labels, if it's too hard to pronounce the name, it doesn't belong in my body. If all else fails, eat meat fish or chicken with veggies when dining out. It's very simple to stay gluten free. And you get used to it. Plus I lost about 20 pounds once I stopped eating wheat products. PM me if you would like any more suggestions or have questions.
Michele, you're absolutely correct! BUT there is A LOT of hidden gluten in prepared foods, even restaurant foods too. There are several great sites for support on Facebook (some are private so you don't have your "friends" reading your comments) that are beneficial. You too may PM me if you would like. Oh, I might say that the prepared "gluten-free" items now on the market are FULL of sugar.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:17 AM

You are so right about GF foods that are prepared. Mostly, I cook at home and have found that to be the best for me. There are times when you have to find something out or in a hurry. It takes time and effort to eat that way but in the long run, it's worth it to feel better
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.