Help with C-PAP machine?

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2017, 10:11 AM
Default Help with C-PAP machine?

My C-PAP machine conked out even though I haven't had it that long. LinCare in Leesburg won't even look at it for 2 weeks, Resmed only sells them and doesn't deal with customer care, Medicine Chest referred me to Altra Service Professionals in Ocala whose phone keeps cutting me off and who hasn't answered my online query. We'll be heading back to Ohio in about 10 days so I can get it repaired there, but that means 2 weeks of stop-breathing sleep apnea at night. I know someone in seniors-laden The Villages has the same problem. Any one know where I can just take the C-PAP in for an expert to look at it and check quickly to see if I overlooked something stupid that they can fix in minutes. You guys are so helpful on this forum about so many topics. How about my problem? Help! Plus, my snoring without the C-PAP might set off earthquake detectors in California. Thank you. Like Blanche Dubois, I depend on the kindness of strangers.

Last edited by The Mountaineer; 03-28-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mountaineer View Post
My C-PAP machine conked out even though I haven't had it that long. LinCare in Leesburg won't even look at it for 2 weeks, Resmed only sells them and doesn't deal with customer care, Medicine Chest referred me to Altra Service Professionals in Ocala whose phone keeps cutting me off and who hasn't answered my online query. We'll be heading back to Ohio in about 10 days so I can get it repaired there, but that means 2 weeks of stop-breathing sleep apnea at night. I know someone in seniors-laden The Villages has the same problem. Any one know where I can just take the C-PAP in for an expert to look at it and check quickly to see if I overlooked something stupid that they can fix in minutes. You guys are so helpful on this forum about so many topics. How about my problem? Help! Plus, my snoring without the C-PAP might set off earthquake detectors in California. Thank you. Like Blanche Dubois, I depend on the kindness of strangers.
I have an extra machine. I don't know if it would be regulated for you, but, if you know your settings, I would ne more than happy to loan it to you.
Mark
Old 03-28-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGoldberg View Post
I have an extra machine. I don't know if it would be regulated for you, but, if you know your settings, I would ne more than happy to loan it to you.
Mark
4.5 setting.
I'm taking the C-PAP to Leesburg on Wednesday, but I'm not hopeful. I might need a loaner for a few days till I can get someone willing to repair the one I have.

Thank you, Mark. I'll get back to you after we go to Leesburg.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:12 AM

Problem solved.

Power surge knocked out converter on C-PAP. Ohio provider overnighting next one for me.

Thanks, Mark, for your offer, which is so typical of Villagers, who volunteer to help people who are in trouble or confused.

By the way, the Ohio provider gave a good tip. Don't call the Leesburg provider, who then want to schedule an appointment for 2 weeks from now (C-PAP users know you can't wait 2 weeks to get a good night's sleep). Just walk in with your C-PAP and you get immediate help. It took 5 seconds for the expert to spot the problem with my C-PAP, instead of 2 weeks.
Closed Thread

Tags
c-pap, machine, problem, weeks, quickly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.