knee dr. in Villages that goes in through side

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2016, 03:43 PM
Default knee dr. in Villages that goes in through side

I am fully aware of Dr. Nguyen who goes in through the side for knee replacements and how popular he is. Also, there is a long wait to see him.

Recently I saw an ad in the Villages newspaper for a new (?) dr. in The Villages that said he also goes in through the side . Unfortunately I did not write down his name and information. Does anyone know who this dr. is? Any information would be appreciated.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:20 PM
Platinum member

Dr. Williams, Tri-County Orthopedics. I have 2 neighbors that are scheduled with him. One on the 16th and one on the 23rd of Feb. Wait a couple of weeks and I'll post how they make out. I had Dr. Nguyen for 2 knee replacements this past year and sometimes it's worth the wait. You may wait longer for the surgery but with a much shorter recovery.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

To raynan: what was your recovery time? I had normal knee replacement and was walking normally at 8 weeks, so am curious. My other knee is not going to last that much longer.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:52 PM

why do you want to go through the side? dr. duke did my knee, did not cut any ligaments or tendons, actually shortened my patella tendons to fit new knee. golfing in six weeks, all restrictions lifted after 9 weeks. however, i put a lot of strength work in before and hard rehab after. you only get out of it what you are willing to put into it.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:19 PM

Wondering if anyone has been to Dr. Andrew Huntt in Lake Sumter Landing, and how their experiences have been. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:26 AM
Default knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
Dr. Williams, Tri-County Orthopedics. I have 2 neighbors that are scheduled with him. One on the 16th and one on the 23rd of Feb. Wait a couple of weeks and I'll post how they make out. I had Dr. Nguyen for 2 knee replacements this past year and sometimes it's worth the wait. You may wait longer for the surgery but with a much shorter recovery.
Thank you for the information. I do hear great things about Nguyen. Someone said he was here one day a week, but I think he is not in the Villages anymore.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:30 AM
Default side of knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsterdad View Post
why do you want to go through the side? dr. duke did my knee, did not cut any ligaments or tendons, actually shortened my patella tendons to fit new knee. golfing in six weeks, all restrictions lifted after 9 weeks. however, i put a lot of strength work in before and hard rehab after. you only get out of it what you are willing to put into it.

I am very happy for you that your knee turned out great, and that Duke worked out for you. Sounds like you did a lot of pre-work in advance, which I know is good. However, I have 2 friends that had Dr. Duke and they had a lot of pain after the surgery and a long and tough recovery. One of them still has a completely numb knee a year later. I have heard a lot of people say recovery is much faster when surgery is done on the side of the knee, not cutting tendons. Thanks for your input.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:14 AM
Platinum member

Bjeanj,
I had day surgery (only allowed if you are not on Medicare yet). Surgery at 7am. Walked out the door on a walker at 11:45am. In-home therapy, 1 week. Off walker onto cane, 2nd day. 5 wks, 1hr ea, 3x a wk at Physio-Med off Rolling Acres Rd across from Home Depot. 6wk check-up, cleared for golf. He no longer has an office in The Villages but you can get your X-rays and MRI's done here. Offices are Maitland & Orlando near Universal. Orlando much easier to get to.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySevens View Post
I am very happy for you that your knee turned out great, and that Duke worked out for you. Sounds like you did a lot of pre-work in advance, which I know is good. However, I have 2 friends that had Dr. Duke and they had a lot of pain after the surgery and a long and tough recovery. One of them still has a completely numb knee a year later. I have heard a lot of people say recovery is much faster when surgery is done on the side of the knee, not cutting tendons. Thanks for your input.
Just for the record, I had a very good experience with Dr. Duke also. Almost no pain. Walking the day after. Golf, softball, bowling, biking within weeks. (By the way, Dr. Duke has done many, many replacements. I think you will find the vast majority of his patients are very satisfied.)

Regardless of who does your surgery...do the post op therapy. I'm convinced that makes or breaks.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:40 AM

The ad in the newspaper was for Dr. Michael Messieh. The number is 352-243-6899. I don't know anything about him but have thought about calling. The ad said he has offices in The Villages and Clermont.
Closed Thread

Tags
side, villages, knee, information, write, appreciated, long, replacements, popular, nguyen, fully, aware, wait, recently, newspaper

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.