Possible heart surgery - Doctor & Facility?

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Default Possible heart surgery - Doctor & Facility?

Not self-diagnosed! My husband had heart cath in Leesburg 2 1/2 yrs ago with 2 areas 50% blocked... atrial fibrilation....overweight & 68yrs old... under care of internal med dr. w/regular tests to monitor heart... sleep apnea using cpap for about 10 yrs. and on blood pressure meds for many yrs. Recent symptoms of tight chest when walking. Cardiologist in Ocala reviewd all his records last mo. and said his case does not "demand" a heart cath now, but "justifies" one.

We are leaning toward Munroe Regional for cath and any procedures. Any advice or recommendation on doctors or hospital?

Will greatly appreciate your thoughts!!!
Old 07-27-2009, 06:59 PM

I recently underwent two heart catherizations and had one stent placed in one artery, and two in the last one. My doc was Attantai from Citrus Cardiology in Lake Sumter Landing and the procedure was done right here in the Villages Hospital, they do require an overnight stay for the procedure. I was completely happy with the procedure and the hospital.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:36 AM

Thanks for sharing, GatbTester! It is good to hear a positive report. I'm sure you can tell we are getting anxious with thoughts a procedure is expected soon. It seems he is out of steam.... no energy. Hope you are feeling much better with your stents!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.