Looking for a dentist

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2016, 06:28 PM

Tim Pruitt, Tavares. Quality Practice...he is MY regular dentist. Places implants. You will not be unhappy there, I guarantee it.
Shelly
Old 10-25-2016, 07:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Palm Ridge Dentistry. In Palm Ridge Plaza behind Lang Eye on 466 near the High School.

Drs. Kathleen Williams and Reem Jabar, both educated at University of Gainesville.They are very kind and gentle and they have an amazing staff. I spent my third session in the chair today because Dr. Williams was not satisfied with a front tooth reconstruction. It has already been paid for but she has high standards. I wish we had Physicians available with like qualifications and ethics as these dentists.. They are the best dentists we have ever had.
Many people recommended Palm Ridge Dentistry on Facebook and I wrote them on my list as a possible dentist. Today I saw they are very expensive if you don't have insurance. Is that true?? My insurance (Blue Cross Federal) covers very little in dental coverage and nothing in vision coverage.

I usually only need my teeth cleaned every 6 months. lf I remember right, I usually pay about $110 and my insurance pays $30. Just curious how much more it would be in TV.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
Many people recommended Palm Ridge Dentistry on Facebook and I wrote them on my list as a possible dentist. Today I saw they are very expensive if you don't have insurance. Is that true?? My insurance (Blue Cross Federal) covers very little in dental coverage and nothing in vision coverage.

I usually only need my teeth cleaned every 6 months. lf I remember right, I usually pay about $110 and my insurance pays $30. Just curious how much more it would be in TV.
Every dentist I have gone to, takes x-rays and says you need a deep cleaning or other expensive dental work done!

I am very frustrated that I can't find an honest dentist. I've had one regular dental cleaning and the hygenist informed me when they see you live in TV via your license, the price becomes astronomical as they think you have nothing better to do than to give them your money. I'm not looking to pay for their new Mercedes or Lexus.

I've had to go back to NY the last couple of years and took a ride to see my dentists in CT.

The search goes on and on...........

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-26-2016, 02:45 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
Dr. Jerkins Fruitland Park.
I second Dr. Jerkins. Fair and Honest. Does not fix what is not broken.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:32 AM
Default Belleview Dental Center

Stay away from Landings Dental Center.

Last edited by salleh; 11-21-2016 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

A fourth vote for Dr. Heydari
Old 12-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Default Dentist

Dr Williams is great but she takes no insurance. Just joining the BCBS dental plan so I will have to find a new one they accept.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:34 PM

Dr Reem Jabar gets my vote. A bright ,well educated,young women who clearly has a future here.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
I recommend you go outside The Villages. We use Bushnell Family Dentistry in Bushnell.
I second Bushnell, especially Dr. Novak, the owner. He will not try to up-sell you. He was able to work around a problem I had that saved me from having to do have two implants that another dentist said I would nneed. Then he did an excellent job on an implant I did need, at one point providing an $800 procedure gratis because it wasn't in his original estimate. He's very particular about his work.

Do keep in mind that you get what you pay for. Implants are not cheap.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:30 PM

I see that you were a 'worker' in previous life - we are Soaring Eagles also ,
Closed Thread

Tags
dentist, work, extensive, implants, swedish

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.