Looking for a good Chiropractor

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2015, 09:12 PM
Default Looking for a good Chiropractor

Can anyone recommend a good chiropractor in TV?

I'm not happy with the fellow at Colony or his office staff. I'm looking for someone with experience who doesn't expect regular return visits when there is no need for them.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:17 PM
Gold member

I have recommended Dr. David Kuhn to many people on here.

Low key, no pressure to schedule appointments etc.

He has 2 offices - M,W,F on Rte 301 and other on 441.

His number is 352-748-1125.

Tell him the Candy Man sent you. (Silly Joke).
Old 10-23-2015, 06:13 PM

Legacy Chiropractor Laurel manor Excellent 2590024
Old 10-24-2015, 08:46 AM
Veteran member

I use Dr. Etheridge. Two Offices Great Staff. Easy to get appt. I have never had pressure to visit all the time. I go when I want to go and not by a schedule.

But then again that all depends on YOUR situation!
Old 11-07-2015, 12:13 PM

Dr. Josh Olcott is an great chiropractor. His address 201 W Guava St. in Lady Lake. Phone is 352-633-1048. I first went to the guy in Colony also and I didn't understand his methods or his scheduling either. But I found Dr. Josh and he gets right to it. He fixed me right away and I go when I need to and I'm in and out. Staff is wonderful.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:06 PM

I'm also a fan of Dr Kuhn! He gets the job done for my husband and me every time!
Old 11-16-2015, 08:10 PM

It always blows my mind that chiropractors get such a bad wrap when they recommend something that will be beneficial to a person. Your medical doctor recommends annual check ups. Your dentist recommends regular cleanings. But, when the chiropractor recommends regular adjustments to help prevent flair ups because your spine is a mess and has been beat up over a lifetime you expect it fixed in one or two visits.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:28 AM

Second for Legacy Clnic. I went through a program and now go every 2 weeks..
Old 11-28-2015, 02:28 PM

I've had a bad back since 1994. I had a great chiropractor in New York who kept the pain in check and I saw him once a month. When I hurt it again last April, I went to the guy in Colony. He ran a vibrating device up and down my back, which didn't help. He scheduled me for 3 visits a week for 6 weeks. His office drew up a payment plan which would have cost over $2,000. I didn't sign up for the plan (Which there was an additional $600 for a nutritional consultation). I went the first week with the vibrating device, and he showed me on his computer how much my back was doing. The only problem was the pain was still there and didn't feel any better. I stopped going after the 3 visits in the first week. Fortunately we headed back to New York and I got myself straightened out. We moved here full time in October, so I wanted a Chiropractor I could trust here. We found Daniel Taylor at Compton Chiropractic. He is a Palmer graduate, which our NY guy suggested and he does hands-on manipulation. I explained what my NY guy did and what I wanted. He was great. One visit, and the next one is next month. My wife and I are very happy with him. Hope this helps.....
Old 11-28-2015, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default rjadc99

My husband is a retired chiropractor who NEVER recommended continual treatments after the symptoms were GONE and would see his patients on an "as per needed" basis. His practice was one of the largest in NC, Nothing wrong with follow-up visits but not several times a week for the rest of your life... What I do have a problem with with some chiropractors is they diagnosis your complaint and then they tell you it will take a certain number of visits and they want to be paid up-front in full before treatment starts.. Chiropractic is a great profession but beware of SOME Chiropractors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjadc99 View Post
It always blows my mind that chiropractors get such a bad wrap when they recommend something that will be beneficial to a person. Your medical doctor recommends annual check ups. Your dentist recommends regular cleanings. But, when the chiropractor recommends regular adjustments to help prevent flair ups because your spine is a mess and has been beat up over a lifetime you expect it fixed in one or two visits.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjk0908 View Post
Can anyone recommend a good chiropractor in TV?

I'm not happy with the fellow at Colony or his office staff. I'm looking for someone with experience who doesn't expect regular return visits when there is no need for them.
If you go in with a specific problem, like I did, Medicare will pay for a course of treatment, which involves three times a week for some period of time. After your problem is corrected, it is a good idea to go back once a month for upkeep, but Medicare won't pay for that.

I used Dr. Kuhn at Ugotme's recommendation and found him to be very good at what he does, and also very ethical. He fixed my problem, explained the Medicare system, and did not try to talk me into the maintenance. I decided to do that on my own, at $30 per visit, which I do once a month. And by the time the month is up, I'm happy to have it.

Last edited by CFrance; 11-28-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:13 PM
Veteran member

I like Dr. Paul at Ethridge.always get in right away, some times same day plus I like that she will do a manual adjustment as oppesed to just using a activator. Plus it's golf cart accessible.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:33 PM

I can second OpusX1 re: Dr. Paul. When I first went to her my neck/back was a mess. She suggested 3x for the first week and gave me free exercise routine to do at home. After wk 1 I was doing much better and she suggested 2 more visits over next 2 wks. No pressure to do more frequent or regular visits.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:08 PM
Thumbs up Dr. David Kuhn

I appreciate the way this man does business. Has a very sensitive touch and he knows his trade. He fixed me in one visit and actually told me that I wouldn't need to come back on a regular basis. I chose him over all the recommendations I had from others based on a comment someone had made of him...they said,"they are going to put him in their will"...what could be a better recommendation than that? He has a very friendly staff, comfortable waiting room but nothing fancy. Great prices as well! Now don't everyone rush him. You'll find him in Wildwood, just off Hwy. 301
Old 12-02-2015, 09:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedaliaSue View Post
I appreciate the way this man does business. Has a very sensitive touch and he knows his trade. He fixed me in one visit and actually told me that I wouldn't need to come back on a regular basis. I chose him over all the recommendations I had from others based on a comment someone had made of him...they said,"they are going to put him in their will"...what could be a better recommendation than that? He has a very friendly staff, comfortable waiting room but nothing fancy. Great prices as well! Now don't everyone rush him. You'll find him in Wildwood, just off Hwy. 301
He also has an office in Lady Lake. He's in Wildwood on Mon., Weds., Fri., and Lady Lake on Tues. Thurs.

Tags
chiropractor, good, regular, return, expect, experience, visits, colony, recommend, happy, office, fellow, staff

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.