Looking for a good Chiropractor

Closed Thread
Old 12-14-2015, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjk0908 View Post
Can anyone recommend a good chiropractor in TV?

I'm not happy with the fellow at Colony or his office staff. I'm looking for someone with experience who doesn't expect regular return visits when there is no need for them.
I am a retired Chiropractor myself. It was tough for me to find a good Chiropractor for my on going care. There are two I like who don't bug you to keep coming on a long care plan. Dr Ethridge, in Sumter Landing and Dr Scott Thomas, in Mulberry area, up North. Since I live up North in Calumet Grove, Dr Scott Thomas is the one I go to mostly. He is a sole practitioner and you won't get handed off to a new, inexperienced doctor that really doesn't know what they are doing. Both the one's I have recommended are good, and fair priced. Hope that helps. Dr Thomas's number is 352-259-4810 I don't have Dr Ethridge's at this time.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:44 AM

My wife and I go to the Legecy Clinic. Dr. John is a Palmer grad, very personal and no pressure.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:08 AM
Default Great Chiropractor

Better Life Chiropractic, just off 441 next to Lake Paradise, is very good. My wife worked for a chiropractor for 10 years and knows the good ones from the quacks. They evaluate you and spend time with you and we always come out feeling better. He is great for sciatic nerve pain!
Old 12-14-2015, 08:22 AM
Default Lagacy Clinic

Quote:

I'm not happy with the fellow at Colony or his office staff. I'm looking for someone with experience who doesn't expect regular return visits when there is no need for them.
Lagacy Clinic
Old 12-14-2015, 08:29 AM

A third for Legacy Chiropractic up at Laurel Manor!
Old 12-14-2015, 08:40 AM

Legacy Chiropractic is amazing
Old 12-14-2015, 08:51 AM
Default looking for chiropractor

Have any of these Dr. taken an exray before messing around with your spine?
Old 12-14-2015, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I can't answer for Dr. Kuhn because I took a CD of my MRI in with me, so x-ray was not necessary. Maybe Ugotme knows.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:03 AM

Do NOT go to Davis Clinic. He will cost you a ton of money.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:15 AM
Default Dr Sikkema

I have a shoulder replacement and related neck issues that I have suffered with for the last 4 years. We found Dr Sikkema in Leesburg when we first moved here in July 2015. He uses the activator treatment which is very gentle yet effective. He has helped me tremendously in managing my pain and getting me active again. And his costs are very reasonable. I couldn't recommend him more highly. Please feel free to contact me privately if you need more information.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:26 PM
Default Compton Chiropractic in Palm Plaza

That's the way I use Dr. Compton - only as needed. He's a traditional, hands on chiropractor and has done well to fix me up when I need him. Palm Plaza is off 466 on 101 across from Crispers (which is in the Publix Plaza). Call ahead - you may not need an appointment. I can usually get right in. 352-600-2495
Old 12-14-2015, 01:51 PM
Default good chiropractor

My husband and I have tried various chiropractors in the Villages including the one at colony. We finally found one we like at Legacy. We love Dr John Theeck. It is found at 1950 Laurel Manor. Suit 204. The number is 352-259-0024
Old 12-14-2015, 08:03 PM
Default Chiropractor

Quote:

I go to Etheridge on Old Camp Rd. I'm satisfied with him. I personally would stay away from Davis Chiropractor.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:11 PM

Good Luck !! Haven't found one yet that doesn't just want extra visits along with your money....They will give you all their reasons as to "You just can't stop or you will return to the beginning"! Actually, I have massages that I choose when I get them and they Honestly work better for me. Give that a try first if you haven't all ready.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDover View Post
Good Luck !! Haven't found one yet that doesn't just want extra visits along with your money....They will give you all their reasons as to "You just can't stop or you will return to the beginning"! Actually, I have massages that I choose when I get them and they Honestly work better for me. Give that a try first if you haven't all ready.
I suppose a lot of it has to do with what your condition is. My pinched nerve in my back, which sidelined me with leg pain for three months, unable to walk more than ten feet, did not respond at all to massage. The PT I then used made it worse. Six weeks of chiropractic three times a week, and I'm now back to walking and pickle ball three times a week. I choose to go back once a month because I'm terrified of ever spending another summer unable to move or sleep without pain.

Tags
chiropractor, good, regular, return, expect, experience, visits, colony, recommend, happy, office, fellow, staff

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.