Low cost walk in medical clinic

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Default Low cost walk in medical clinic

Does anyone know of a walk in clinic in the villages that doesn't charge $125 or more for a walk in visit for someone without medical insurance. I am on medicare but my wife has a catastrophic only insurance policy that doesn't pay anything other than catastrophic claims. She is having bad allergies to something here in the villages. Every place she has called so far is $125 or more just for a walk in office visit plus.

Thank you

UPDATE. Thanks to all the responses. We went to Dr. Martinez-Cruz at the Dana building. We called at 7 am on Monday morning. He answered the phone and told us both to come on down. (We both saw him ). He greeted us when we arrived and offered us coffee. $50 for my wife's visit and mine was covered under medicare. In all our years of going to doctors I have never had a physician spend so much time with us ( even when I had my quadruple bypass ). We filled out our paper work and got right in with no waiting. I hate going to the doctors office, but this was the first visit I ever enjoyed. I commend this Dr. Who really takes time with his patients and honestly seems interested in their needs.

Dave and Yvonne

Last edited by Milo123; 09-23-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:13 AM

I paid $89 at Walgreen's for a Nurse Practitioner visit
Old 09-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo123 View Post
Does anyone know of a walk in clinic in the villages that doesn't charge $125 or more for a walk in visit for someone without medical insurance. I am on medicare but my wife has a catastrophic only insurance policy that doesn't pay anything other than catastrophic claims. She is having bad allergies to something here in the villages. Every place she has called so far is $125 or more just for a walk in office visit plus.

Thank you
Paramount Care is an exceptional urgent care facility. They even have an onsite pharmacy where most prescriptions are filled right there for under $10. The cost to see a PA or a doctor is under $100.

Paramount Urgent Care | Serving You When You Need It The Most
Old 09-21-2013, 03:11 PM

Which Walgreens. We called around and they said there are none close to the villages that have a clinic or a nurse practitioner. Thank you.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

cvs pharmacy advertises:
MinuteClinic makes health care easier for people with a lot going on. Our family nurse practitioners and physician assistants provide quality care every day, with convenient evening and weekend hours. We accept insurance and you don’t need an appointment. Just stop in when you need us.

perhaps you could call them; there is one over past spanish springs at 860 Avenida Central Lady Lake, FL 32159 · (352) 750-1118

Old 09-21-2013, 05:07 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

Try the Dana Center Walk-in-Clinic. It is behind Bonefish Grill on 466.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Sage

CVS's Minute Clinics aren't available in this area. Orlando is the closest that service is offered through CVS.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

thanx for the pick-up, bk

Old 09-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
thanx for the pick-up, bk
You are welcome. When are you coming home? I say we meet at Dunkin Donuts and have a coffee.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo123 View Post
Thank you
I called around to all the Walk-in Clinics for prices as I need monthly allergy shots when I'm in TV (for a previously diagnosed allergy.). I have castrophic only insurance. I use the Walk-in clinic in the Sante Fe Plaza on CR 466. They charge me only $25 for an allergy shot.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:31 AM
Veteran member
Default Dr. Martinez-Cruz

I have often recommended Dr. Martinez-Cruz as an outstanding primary care physician. He is available to see patients without insurance for a flat $50 per visit (unheard of in today’s world of medical care). He trained with the best in Boston and before coming to Florida was affiliated with Harvard Medical College.

His offices are located in the Dana Medical Building (blue and white building), located on Wedgewood Lane directly behind and across Wedgewood from Bonefish Grill. The Dana Building is even golf-cart accessible! His phone number if 352-750-6650. He is highly thought of; you can do a search of his name on TOTV to see what his patients have to say.

Talk of The Villages - Search Results

He is also affiliated with most insurance plans and can see patients this way as well.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:15 AM
Platinum member

Call Dr. Martinez Cruz and make an appointment. I don't know if you can just walk in. I believe that he charges $50 a visit, no insurance.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
You are welcome. When are you coming home? I say we meet at Dunkin Donuts and have a coffee.
be there mid january! coffee/donuts sounds great! heading for maine and foliage season next week. t-giving in maine, then home for christmas/new year's eve and day and then off to the villages! will be in touch!

Old 09-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
I have often recommended Dr. Martinez-Cruz as an outstanding primary care physician. He is available to see patients without insurance for a flat $50 per visit (unheard of in today’s world of medical care). He trained with the best in Boston and before coming to Florida was affiliated with Harvard Medical College.

His offices are located in the Dana Medical Building (blue and white building), located on Wedgewood Lane directly behind and across Wedgewood from Bonefish Grill. The Dana Building is even golf-cart accessible! His phone number if 352-750-6650. He is highly thought of; you can do a search of his name on TOTV to see what his patients have to say.

Talk of The Villages - Search Results

He is also affiliated with most insurance plans and can see patients this way as well.
Thanks very much Quixote! This is extremely helpful information for those of us with catastrophic Travel Insurance. Thanks for posting.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.