Medicare Supplement Plans

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2016, 02:55 PM
Gold member

Here is the link on SHINE as to when and where they meet in the villages: SHINE - 3
Old 04-22-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
Have UHC thru AARP and willing to pay and can go anywhere by my choice. Not as defined by an Advantage program.

Those that refer to the Advantage programs may not be so happy if and when they are really ill and want choices of care.

It is NOT a slam dunk if in the future your health changes and one wants to go from an Advantage program to a Supplement program. Underwriters get involved!

BOTTOM LINE: Choose wisely based on your health now and your spouses . Don't just look at premiums cost. Look forward as you age.......where and what and who do you want to handle your health needs?
Hello,
I read your post and wonder if you are happy with the AARP supplement plan? I am trying to decide which one is beneficial to me, plan F or plan N. Thank you.
R&J in NJ
Old 04-22-2016, 01:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

We have had AARP since the day we qualified for medicare and can say we have never had to reach in our pocket for anything....except maybe a premium or exotic Rx.

That included, unfortunately 3 or 4 major surgeries required by my wife and a couple of minors for me.

Every couple of years I do a little reseatch to see if there is any alternative. Haven't found one of significance to change.

AARP does offer some very good programs/opportunities....I just have to suck it on on their politics.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&J in NJ View Post
Hello,
I read your post and wonder if you are happy with the AARP supplement plan? I am trying to decide which one is beneficial to me, plan F or plan N. Thank you.
R&J in NJ
If you're ok with the premium both plans are very good. With plan N I believe you have to pay the B deductible and also any excessive charges a doctor may have. I've read that most accept Medicare assignment. You could always just ask if they do.

Plan F is the Cadillac of supplements, it pays 100% of everything. It is also the most expensive. It also, from what I read, will be discontinued in 2020. Now that doesn't mean you can't keep it...it means no one else can get on it. It does mean that it will more than likely get more expensive as the years go by.

Supplements are standardized by the government. A plan F from this company is the same as a plan F from that company. Just look for the best price. The really big decision you have to make is your plan D or stand alone drug plan. Go to the Medicare web site and type in all drugs you or anyone else to be covered takes. It will tell you if the company covers them and what the estimated annual cost will be.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:11 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
We have had AARP since the day we qualified for medicare and can say we have never had to reach in our pocket for anything....except maybe a premium or exotic Rx.

That included, unfortunately 3 or 4 major surgeries required by my wife and a couple of minors for me.

Every couple of years I do a little reseatch to see if there is any alternative. Haven't found one of significance to change.

AARP does offer some very good programs/opportunities....I just have to suck it on on their politics.
I know you understand bille, but I didn't want people to infer that AARP is an insurer. United Healthcare merely pays AARP to use their name on UHC products.

Tags
uhc, supplement, plans, premiums, lesser, found, shopping, coverages, price, self-administered, company, thoughts, undecided, plan, transamerica, provide, wondering, contract, educate, advantage, deciding, turning, spent, month, facilities

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.