Mini Dental Implants

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2017, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Mini Dental Implants

Has anyone had this done? What is the cost?

I've seen an ad on television where they do them in one day under general anesthesia. Anyone know anything about that?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:23 PM
Platinum member

Doc, I do not know specifically about Mimi dental implants, but I would suggest before doing anything, call or visit Dr. Terry Braun at Dental Implants of Ocala. He saved me a couple of thousand over the quotes received by dentist here in The Villages. I do not have his number handy, but if you are interested, pm me and I will dig it up for you.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

When it comes to dental implants you get what you pay for.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2017, 09:56 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
When it comes to dental implants you get what you pay for.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I agree with this statement to a certain extent. You need to be sure what you are getting. However, I learned when shopping, all dentist purchase materials from the same supplier. So it comes down to skill and procedure.

I will not name the dentist, but they wanted to use a general anesthesia for the procedure. The cost for this was $1500 and if the procedure took more than 90 minutes, it was an additional $150 per 15 minutes. This alone accounted for most of the difference between thier quote and what I actually paid.

I have had a couple of implants and never had general anesthesia. In the latest, it was a "happy" pill before the procedure and a shot of Novocain. Do not remember a thing. I think the only bad part was I asked the dental assistant to marry me. My wife was not thriled about this!
Old 01-28-2017, 12:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I needed six dental implants, three on each side. This involved extractions and bone grafting which were done one side at a time. That is two visits which are spaced (you can chew on one side as the other side heals). Then the implants are placed on one side and then the other after the one side has significant time for bony ingrowth. Finally, you need to have the crowns made which is also a complicated but important process.

This was a 24 month adventure to say the least. But you cannot tell the difference between the implants and your real teeth. And no special care or maintenance needed.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
day, general, television, anesthesia, dental

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.