My New Dentist Experience - get a 2nd opinion

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2015, 02:02 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=Dynsol;1157778
Its always a mixed bag of what to do when providing info on this website![/QUOTE]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's true. But isn't it great that we're all focused on the greater good of our members, whether info is provided online or in a PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Perhaps for legal reasons? I know this. This place, the first place I have lived in Florida has some real Shiester dentists. BE CAREFUL. Palm Ridge is our choice. Ethical, well educated and honest.

And from personal experience and listening to friends, Dental Hygienists here, dig deeper. Maybe because we are older and we have deeper pockets?....in our mouth too?
My 25 year old son just moved back to VT from Orlando where he lived for several years. 4 years ago, he went to a dentist there, had his teeth cleaned and was told that he needed TWENTY fillings! He was totally freaked out and never went back, or anywhere else. When he recently got home, I strongly encouraged him to go to our family dentist and get things taken care of. When he got home from his cleaning he said after he told our family dentist of his experience in Orlando, the dentist said, "Unfortunately, there are a lot of unethical dentists practicing in Florida. You have only 3 teeth that need fillings." Wow! Be on your guard, people!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 12-12-2015, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Doing a quick Google search, I found a couple in Texas sued anoymous posters on the community website Topix and won $13 million dollars. That's a message board network that is used for various cities and towns around the country. They've been know to have posters who can say just about anything, I guess that's going to stop.

As far as doctors reviews on website such as vitals.com and yelp.com and similar, they say lawsuits that only state facts such as a procedure that was performed can be written about. However, saying the doctor had a poor attitude is an opinion and can't be proven true or false.

So as long as you are writing about your visit and don't state opinions, you'll be okay. How long was the waiting time, the hygienist not having an assistant, the costs involved, the second opinion of the Ocala dentist. I'm sure you can find ways to write your review without providing an opinion but still convey your displeasure and then provide the dentist name.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:27 PM
Default Also searching

This may be a bit restricting but, anyone know: a dental hygienist, in the area, that uses the more current method of high speed water stream instead of ultra scaling to remove plaque, and is covered under Delta Dental?
:
Old 02-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Gold member

PM sent
Old 02-08-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1126 View Post
This may be a bit restricting but, anyone know: a dental hygienist, in the area, that uses the more current method of high speed water stream instead of ultra scaling to remove plaque, and is covered under Delta Dental?
:
I am in the dental business and have never heard of this on a professional level of care. I seen the water stream plaque removal units for home use. Can you give me more information on this?
Old 02-16-2016, 03:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I don't understand the point of posting a negative review about a particular dentist, and then saying:
"I will not post the name of the dental group, but if you wish to PM me I will let you know. I feel very sorry for all the patients that were coming and going out of that place.".
If you feel sorry for all the patients, why not post the name of the dental office?
I think it's just being considerate of the patients who might go there, and perhaps not agree.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Closed Thread

Tags
cleaning, dentist, gums, insurance, pay, teeth, months, reviews, hygienist, good, post, ago, feel, ocala, xrays, rough, opinion, looked, 2nd, back, cost, deep, told, staff, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.