Need a Chiropractor who uses the sacro-cranial method

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2013, 07:01 AM
Default Need a Chiropractor who uses the sacro-cranial method

I really need this type of Chiro doctor. Does anyone know of a good practitioner in The Villages? Thanks in advance!
Old 10-25-2013, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,144 Times in 830 Posts

Do you mean craniosacral therapy (head before bottom)?

Craniosacral therapy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why Cranial Therapy Is Silly This webpage includes the following description of the book written on the topic by the originator of craniosacral therapy:

" Chapter 2 of his book, CranioSacral Therapy: Touchstone of Natural Healing, describes how he discovered and communicates with what he calls the patient's "Inner Physician":

By connecting deeply with a patient while doing CranioSacral Therapy, it was possible in most cases to solicit contact with the patient's Inner Physician. It also became clear that the Inner Physician could take any for m the patient could imagine —an image, a voice or a feeling. Usually once the image of the Inner Physician appeared, it was ready to dialog with me and answer questions about the underlying causes of the patient's health problems and what can be done to resolve them. It also became clear that when the conversation with the Inner Physician was authentic, the craniosacral system went into a holding pattern [7].

The chapter goes on to describe Upledger's care of a four-month-old French baby who was "as floppy as a rag doll." Although the baby had never been exposed to English, Upledger decided to see whether the baby's "Inner Physician" would communicate with him via the craniosacral system:

I requested aloud in English that the craniosacral rhythm stop if the answer to a question was "yes" and not stop if the answer was "no." The rhythm stopped for about ten seconds. I took this as an indication that I was being understood. I then asked if it was possible during this session for the rhythm to stop only in response to my question and not for other reasons, such as body position, etc., The rhythm stopped again. I was feeling more confident. I proceeded
[7].

Using "yes-no answers," Upledger says, he pinpointed the problem as "a toxin that was inhaled by the mother . . . over a period of about two-and-a-half hours while cleaning the grease off an antique automobile engine" during the fourth month of pregnancy. After "asking many particulars" about what he should do, Upledger was told to "pump the parietal bones that form a large part of the roof of the skull, and to pass a lot of my energy through the brain from the back of the skull to the front." As he did this, Upledger frequently checked with the baby's "Inner Physician." After about an hour, Upledger says, the baby began to move normally

Sorry, can't help with a recommendation of a good person to provide this service.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Veteran member

Try Thomas Chiropractic Care, Dr. Michael David Thomas, 10252 Highway 441, Suite 1, Belleview, 352-245-6169, UpperCervicalDr.com

I have not used him, just received his contact information. Not sure he is what you are looking for, but you never know! Good Luck!
Old 10-26-2013, 05:22 AM

Let me say that I had a wonderful Chiro doctor in MD who practiced the Cranio-Sacral method of chiropractic medicine & there was NONE of that nonsense in the post by blueash. It was realignment of my spine.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.