Orthopedic doctor or Pain Management

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Default Orthopedic doctor or Pain Management

Does anyone have a good referenc for an Orthopedic Doctor specializing in neck and shoulder or possibly Pain Management? Does not have to necessarily be right here in The Villages.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Settles View Post
Does anyone have a good referenc for an Orthopedic Doctor specializing in neck and shoulder or possibly Pain Management? Does not have to necessarily be right here in The Villages.
I would look for a Neurologist or Neurosurgeon, I think one is opening an office at Lake Sumpter. They can also direct you in the pain management. Good luck.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Gold member

Check out Dr. Spurrier in LSL. He's a nuerosurgeon.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
Check out Dr. Spurrier in LSL. He's a nuerosurgeon.
I highly recommend this doctor! Had back surgery early in the summer and "everyone" connected with the experience that was in the medical field said he was THE best!! That was encouraging since we're fairly new here. He won't do surgery unless it's a last resort. Give him a call!!! He's in Lake Sumter off from Old Camp Rd. next to Lake Imaging.

If I broke a bone..I'd see an orthopedic doctor but NOT if I have spine issues etc. Just my humble opinion.

Last edited by JenAjd; 09-02-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 06-18-2012, 12:40 PM

I saw a Dr. DeLuca the olther day for the first time. I also relocated here... from NY and Dr. D is a young, fit thoughtful man who developed a PLAN for me and as I have been in treatment for several years, I feel like someone is actually trying to help me. He is not ink happy and works within the strict parameters set forth by Florida and DEA. I really appreciate a Dr. who thinks about how to make things better WITHOUT CUTTING. So far, Dr. DeLuca has my vote. He is on 441 across from the hospital; just outside the Villages, south of Buenos Aires. Best of luck in your search and I hope you give him a shot as he will give you one in return.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Sage

You'll need a referral...but Dr. Spurrier off Old Camp Rd. He won't do surgery unless it's warranted. "IF" surgery would be, he does non-evasive surgery, but will say that surgery is a last resort. I have a friend who went to him (as did I) and he just gave her some exercises to do for her issues. Not knowing what your's are...he'd be able to diagnose and recommend treatment.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.