Orthopedic doctor

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Default Orthopedic doctor

Does anyone know of a good orthopedic doctor in or around the villages?
Old 01-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Veteran member

I was playing cribbage yesterday, and a bunch of folks were recommending Dr. Duke for knee replacements.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Veteran member

I have utilized the services of 2 ortho groups in TV. The first one was a disaster of a knee replacement. The second group, which I can highly recommend, is Tri County, 352-753-9105. There are 5 physicians who are all very good. Which one that you see will depend on his/her specialty area. I personally have seen Dr. Kerina for my knee and Dr. Tankson who operated on my broken foot. They are caring with great patient approach. Just as important is that their office staff is great...courteous and caring.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Default thanks

thanks for your reply
Old 01-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Dr Duke has a good reputation and he did a miniscus tear on me which came out so-so. I say so-so because 5 years earlier I had the other knee miniscus taken care of and everything came out great and went right back to playing racquets sports...not his time. Hard to say what the issue is, different knee different problem, being 5 years older, different Drs ..the jurys out!

Let me tell you one BIG problem you will have with Dr Duke...this may or may not be important to you.....On your first visit you will see a PA ...she is very good...and after she evaluates your problem, and considers you a surgical candidate...and you say I will consider surgery, you will then see Dr Duke on the next visit. You will then see Dr Duke at the hospital just before surgery and for the most part that will be the last time you will see Dr Duke. Most if not ALL followup visits even with a knee replacement will be with the PA. I was having some trouble with my miniscus surgery and went back after surgery 4 times and 2 of the appointments were specificaly with Dr Duke..never saw him.

Now I am not saying that I would not go to Dr Duke for my knee replacement..like I said he does have a good reputation and he does alot of knee replacements. Bbut juts dont be surprised if you dont see him after the surgery........If you do go to him , I would specifically ask him if you would see him or his PA for any post op followups!!

I relayed my story to a friend of mine, whose husband already went to Dr Dukes office for an knee evaluation and cortisone shot.....she decided to go to Dr Kernia .
Old 01-04-2012, 04:05 PM

Dr Chad Watkins did my surgery on my Achilles tendon and was Excellent. All the staff and nurses were also excellent. I'm walking better than ever!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Sage

Seeing the P.A. is the new trend, I fear. I only saw the doctor who did my knee replacement in Boca Raton one time before the surgery and then, surprise!, he appeared at the final followup two years later. In the meantime, all appts. were with the P.A.s But I can't complain...five years later, absolutely no pain at all..

In this area, I have high praise for Dr. Monique Grey, with Florida Musculoskeletal. She fixed some very small broken bones in my wrist.

Good luck to you, whatever your particular problem.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.