Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment (PRP) ????

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2016, 06:15 AM
Gold member
Default Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment (PRP) ????

Two questions: 1) Has anyone had Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for a shoulder? 2) Does anyone do it in or around The Villages?
Old 10-08-2016, 06:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I'll check today. I think a man at the pool had PRP done lately & locally.
Old 10-08-2016, 06:35 AM

My sister had that treatment up in New york state about a year ago for hip pain diagnosed as a muscle tear. Did not help one bit. She is not getting relief from anything, is doing PT to strenghten , but that is not working either. I wonder if surgery would help. I had a rotator cuff tendon/ligament (not sure which), reattached in 2014 it relieved my pain and gave me my strength back. Good luck.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
Two questions: 1) Has anyone had Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for a shoulder? 2) Does anyone do it in or around The Villages?
Hi, I had it done about three years ago for my knees. They draw blood, they process it for the plasma, they re-inject it and then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,FOR ME IT WAS A BIG PAIN FULL AND EXPENSIVE WASTE OF TIME.
Sorry but that was it. So I do not know what else to say about it.

For the shoulder, have you tried the little pulley and rope over a door and pull and exercise this with varying tension? I did that for two months, daily maybe twice a day or more, it worked for me. NO surgery. The therapy clinics may have the pulley item or it can be made up also.

bbbbbb
Closed Thread

Tags
prp, plasma, platelet, rich, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.