Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Chit, three times in one week.
Feast or famine
Old 03-10-2017, 11:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,303 Times in 866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
For the benefit of those who aren't from or have never been to Brooklyn, I offer the following:

The Shlemiel knocks over the coffee cup. The coffee cup lands on the Shlemazel. The Nudnik asks if it was regular or decaf. The Mensch cleans it up.
Sounds like a Laverne and Shirley song.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-11-2017, 02:39 AM
KittyKat

That was really poor discharge planning by the hospital. The discharge planner or your nurse should have checked first before sending you home with a prescription like that and knowing how much pain you were in. Shame on those nurses. I hope you are feeling a little better and good luck in your recovery. Hats off to golfing eagle for his help.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
That was really poor discharge planning by the hospital. The discharge planner or your nurse should have checked first before sending you home with a prescription like that and knowing how much pain you were in. Shame on those nurses. I hope you are feeling a little better and good luck in your recovery. Hats off to golfing eagle for his help.
Actually, it was not poor discharge planning, it was standard discharge planning. I have never seen anyone try to verify the availability of a RX at the pharmacy upon discharge, although it sounds like a good idea on the surface. But there's another problem with that, however. The local pharmacies will NOT tell you over the phone if they have a narcotic in stock out of fear of a burglary. (although I can't imagine a drug seeking criminal not knowing there are drugs at a pharmacy). I was only able to help out because I was at the pharmacy in person, had ID AND a DEA number, and a very nice pharmacist as well. They would have been within their rights not to tell me either.

While the hospital pharmacy cannot fill a prescription, it is not unusual for them to send you home with 2 doses "for the road"; we don't know if that happened or not.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Starting to get a bit concerned---No word from the OP on this thread or to PMs. I hope he/she isn't sitting in the ER trying to get a new RX or worse yet got re-admitted for pain control.
Closed Thread

Tags
hospital, medication, stated, discharged, i’m

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.