PUP Medicare Advantage

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclicker View Post
The PUP site isn't down, it's just the 2014 plans that are missing. The plan has no information on the medicare site either. It's almost like they don't want you to sign up.
I was repeating what their representative told me. If you want to enroll your best bet is to take a few minutes and call. They are very knowledgable and will answer any questions you have.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleBailey View Post
Does anyone know what happen to PUP'S website? Up until today you could pull up the 2014 PUP plans along with the provider directory. Also, you could access the 2014 formulary list of drugs Now you cannot access them. Whats up?
The website is gone and the 2014 plans are gone. the inside story is those who signed up with PUP will be barking when they have to find another co. in the middle of the year
Old 11-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy D View Post
The website is gone and the 2014 plans are gone. the inside story is those who signed up with PUP will be barking when they have to find another co. in the middle of the year
What is your source for this information? Villagers who have signed up for PUP would have an easier time switching now than later if this is true. How do we know you don't work for a competitor of PUP and are using this post to dissuade people from signing with them.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Sage

JimmyD is speculating and if that did happen medicare would probably offer you a special election period which would allow you to choose whatever your heart desired.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
JimmyD is speculating and if that did happen medicare would probably offer you a special election period which would allow you to choose whatever your heart desired.
True. I assumed the poster was speculating, but, after spending hours finding a plan that my mom could afford that had her wonderful PCMD in the network, it could be a big problem for her if a new plan didn't have him, or his panel was full. That's why I wanted to know the source of his statement to determine if we should start now to find another plan for her. She was already frustrated by PCP leaving the area and didn't want to have to go through it again so soon.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:46 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Default Florida Blue Advantage

Has anyone used Florida Blue Advantage in the past or sign up with it for 2014????
Old 11-08-2013, 04:31 PM

I am an independent insurance agent, and I know that PUP no longer pays independent agents commission, and PUP has not submitted any plan information to the Medicare.gov website, as all the other companies have. It makes me question how long they will be in business. UnitedHealthcare and Freedom are two very good companies with good benefits, good reputations, and strong financials.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstege View Post
I am an independent insurance agent, and I know that PUP no longer pays independent agents commission, and PUP has not submitted any plan information to the Medicare.gov website, as all the other companies have. It makes me question how long they will be in business. UnitedHealthcare and Freedom are two very good companies with good benefits, good reputations, and strong financials.
Why do you say it is not on the Medicare website? It most certainly is. I just looked. You may not be getting a sales commission, but implying that PUP is going out of business is not correct or ethical.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
Why do you say it is not on the Medicare website? It most certainly is. I just looked. You may not be getting a sales commission, but implying that PUP is going out of business is not correct or ethical.
I heard the exact same thing from my agent. He said it wasn't "for sure"...but it appeared that they were not going to be around for 2014. I think it's just a "heads up" and keep your ears open......PUP may be a thing of the past.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:18 AM

Our insurance broker told us just yesterday that PUP would not be operating in Marion or Sumter counties. apparently with Preferred Care Partners folding they were afraid the onslaught of new subscribers would put too much strain on their resources.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by salferg View Post
Our insurance broker told us just yesterday that PUP would not be operating in Marion or Sumter counties. apparently with Preferred Care Partners folding they were afraid the onslaught of new subscribers would put too much strain on their resources.
I would be very leary of a broker that tells stories to get your business. This is absolutely not true - enrolled last week. I do believe the rebates will be a thing of the past in 2015, but PUP is alive and well.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.