Rehab in villages - Help Please!

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2014, 01:54 AM
Default Rehab in villages - Help Please!

My father has been in the hospital for months - he got a hospital infection, and that led to a fistula, and then a bed sore. He is now getting ready to be released to a rehab facility.

I am trying to decided between

- Freedom Pointe at the villages

- Villages rehab and nursing

He has been in bed so long, he has lost muscle tone and core muscles.
He was running around in June by himself and now in November he can not walk to a chair without assistance. He is very motivated to recover and does exercising on his own.

Any direct experience for which center is better for this type of rehab. It is all over condition improvement and stamina.

My father is a great and funny person, and I want to give him the best chance for recovery.

thank you in advance
Old 11-01-2014, 06:48 AM

bump
Old 11-01-2014, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We have personally visited friends in three of them. The Club is very pretty and so is the one on 466. LadyLake behind Home Depot looks about the same, a little older.

They all have physical therapists and occupational therapists who seem kind, well trained and very good at what they do.

If he still needs nursing care, perhaps look into Promise Hospital, they do wound care.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:37 AM

My husband used Villages Rehab off 466, they have excellent therapists and also wound care. The food is good also. Good Luck.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:50 AM
Sage

My wife was successfully treated at Freedom Pointe. It is a fabulous facility with an expert staff.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

I work in the business of senior living. Freedom Pointe, The Club and Villages Rehab are all excellent. I have a colleague who is the Director of Operations at Villages Rehab and he is the most caring person you would ever want to meet, Tim Smith. That is where my mom is going if she needs rehab, without question. Her Assisted Living has already put that in her file. Villages Rehab. Ask for Tim Smith and you will not be disappointed
Old 11-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Platinum member

Lady Lake Specialty Care (same parent company as The Club) is also very good!!
Old 11-02-2014, 06:54 AM

An evaluation by Promise Hospital is a good suggestion. They are very good treating people in similar condition as your dad and then transferring them to a rehab facility when they are stable. Make sure the case manager at the hospital check with each center to see what insurances they take; this will make a difference where your dad can be referred to. The Club, for instance, only takes Medicare - no managed care plans, i.e., United, Freedom. Humana, Care Plus. Also, if you can, pay a visit to each facility and take a tour. Good luck!
Old 11-02-2014, 08:42 PM

Freedom Pointe gets the best rating in the Area.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.