Restless Legs Syndrone

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

To the OP - thanks so much for starting this thread and sharing this information. It does seem that different things work for different people where RLS is concerned. I personally could not tolerate the side effects of some of the prescription drugs and thankfully my case is rather mild and does not occur that often. I do feel for those who have it more severely. Unfortunately, it can run in families. Besides myself, my mother had it, my son has it, and my brother and his son also experience it. I don't believe the genetc link has been fully determined yet, although it is suspected. My son says that eating almonds helps with his RLS. I suspect it is the magnesium and vitamin E in them. He says he eats a handful at bedtime. Although there is not an RLS diet per se that I am aware of, there are some food recommendations that can help combat the symptoms. Just do an Internet search for foods for RLS and also foods to avoid for some additional ideas.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Sorry for typo in previous post - that should be "genetic" link.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:43 PM
Veteran member

If you watch Seinfeld you know you can also get this affliction in the arms.Estelle Costanza suffered from it in both the arms and legs as Frank Costanza told Kramer.
Closed Thread

Tags
rls, relief, day, extract, magnesium, sedorum, sit, years, pills, disorder, powder, move, hope, awake, desk, live, suffers, work, retired, gelatin, glycine, rice, b12, stearate, calcium

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.