Rheumatologist

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2013, 03:40 PM
Default Rheumatologist

I was wondering if anyone goes to Dr. Kenneth Stark in Tavares for arthritis treatment? Do you like him and is it worth the trip?
Old 08-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Sage

My wife has an appointment with a Rheumatologist in Lady Lake on Rolling Acres road just east of 441 named Gonzales who was recommended to us by a local doctor. We haven't been there yet but at least it is more local.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 08-13-2013, 12:08 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom
Smile Dr Stark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerset72 View Post
I was wondering if anyone goes to Dr. Kenneth Stark in Tavares for arthritis treatment? Do you like him and is it worth the trip?
Yes and yes.

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 09-17-2013, 02:15 PM

You will find a real shortage of rheumatologists in The Villages. Dr. Gonzales is here only part time and has a case load double that of other RA docs. Personally I found him inflexible and could not work with him. I need monthly infusions for rheumatoid arthritis and must travel to Ocala. There are no local infusion centers and the Villages Regional Hospital denied my doctor's request to have the infusion done there. If you need a rheumatologist and specialized treatments call Amy Wixted of USF Healthcare and let her know that we need good rheumatologists in The Villages. Her number is 352-753-6214. I just heard a talk today by USF and no rheumatologists have been hired for the new specialty center.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by papixie View Post
You will find a real shortage of rheumatologists in The Villages. Dr. Gonzales is here only part time and has a case load double that of other RA docs. Personally I found him inflexible and could not work with him. I need monthly infusions for rheumatoid arthritis and must travel to Ocala. There are no local infusion centers and the Villages Regional Hospital denied my doctor's request to have the infusion done there. If you need a rheumatologist and specialized treatments call Amy Wixted of USF Healthcare and let her know that we need good rheumatologists in The Villages. Her number is 352-753-6214. I just heard a talk today by USF and no rheumatologists have been hired for the new specialty center.
I'll be making a call! When I needed to be referred to a rheumatologist the office person at Dr. Gonzales' office was rude to the office person at my clinic. She told me "I'd never send you there after THAT!" I then got referred to Dr. Lafferty in Ocala. I have to say from my experience I didn't find him to be a stellar physician. You can PM me if you want details on that one. Now I'm not convinced that "convenience" is a critia for me to see a physician. Espcially for a disease like rheumatoid arthritis. It can be a "life-threatening" experience depending on the individual. A patient needs someone they can "partner" with in my opinion. I do drive to Ocala for my appointments.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.