Scam Practice? DOCTOR FRAUD??

Closed Thread
Old 12-24-2016, 12:42 AM
Default Scam Practice? DOCTOR FRAUD??

I was just looking for validation on not going back; this post is now edited to show that my girlfriend and I will not be going back as what I perceived to be a horrible place to go for our needs, to actually be such a place, for us. Thanks for the responses and Merry Christmas

Last edited by EdgeFx; 12-25-2016 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-24-2016, 05:05 AM

Find a psychologist who is licensed by the state of Florida. Check licensure here: FL DOH MQA Search Portal | License Verification I did not find him listed.
Old 12-24-2016, 05:33 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Rather than post here you should contact the Ethics and Responsibility Board who regulate such medical/mental services
Old 12-24-2016, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Wow!
Old 12-24-2016, 09:32 AM

What did your girlfriend say happened when they took her away into another room? What was her impression of them as she was the "patient"?
The patient has the right to leave an office at free will if she is not comfortable.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:06 AM
Veteran member
Default Doctors

[QUOTE=EdgeFx;1337377]Profile
Dr. Brady DCH, MBA, Ed.D, Psy.D

Villages Mind and Body Insitute is the place we went

Hello all,

I don't mean to disrespect someone (Dr. Brady) if I do so in this post; As my main concern is the safety and well being of my girlfriend and her mental state, I care about her deeply and am feeling uneasy and want some confirmation of being correct to stay away or confirmation of being wrong.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows of this man and his practice; both links are provided at the top. One is a profile of some kind that I found online while researching on google (i researched after the visit), it seems like a big list of accomplishments for someone with a tiny practice in the Lady Lake area, which is called Villages Mind and Body Institute, which screamed sketchy to me to begin with.

My girlfriend was looking for a hypnotherapists suggested by a close friend, and there weren't many options. She picked this place, and told me the therapist would be female, as she would be more comfortable with the service from a female considering the topics to be discussed.

So I went with her, feeling optimistic and hoping for something that may work for her needs of what she is trying to achieve mentally.

When we got there I instantly was thinking, why is it called "Villages", and why does it have a feel of a fake practice. I looked past it, normally i see when something is out of place, this time I feel I was fooled by seeing her excitement for something new that may work.

By the end of a long discussion with a Male (Dr. Brady), which I assumed was a complete professional with the correct certifications to practice whatever it is we were there for (I don't know much about the world of hypnotherapy and regulations), and after the discussion, I felt uneasy and wondering why did we just tell this man all of this very detail stuff, and why is he not acting as much in a professional manner as any other doctor or even customer service based employee would in this situation (I believed some things that threw me off were his compliments of her being perfect and very beautiful, the frequency is what was odd, and other life suggestions, like i need to marry her to make this right and make it work, all while he's later telling me he's been married multiple times (which is completely fine to having divorces, we all have different life paths, but if you're talking stability and thats the answer, then he doesnt even know theres WAY more to a stable relationship then saying ‘I Do’), and talking how he got his current wife while she was working there for him because his boyfriend was a piece of crap; instead of sticking to the task at hand.

At the very end of our discussion, his wife comes into the room. She was very nice, I thought she did great regardless of a correctly certified professional or not, because she was thoughtful and easy going, she made my girlfriend feel good with the process. but it was odd to me that she takes my girlfriend to another room where I DON'T HAVE A CLUE what they're doing yet in specifics, our main concern going there for her is a bit personal, so it was very concerning for me, so I ask him whats going to go on in there, and the response I won't state here on these forums but it threw me off completely to the point that this man I knew I would not have a say in my girlfriends mental state anymore. I feel the woman (which I wasn't worried about at all) did a great job with the actual practice of the 'guided mediation', which in my experience isn't something you need to go see a doctor for and pay a bunch of money as ive dabbled in it before myself and it's good stuff, but it's available to anyone... They said 3 to 4 visits and you're cured, which instantly made me think, wait, where are we and what is this, is it.... a SCAM!

Guided Meditation is a worthy method of help, so my SCAM isn't towards the method, but of this 'institute' and the man performing the method and his credentials with talking with us about these deep and personal experiences, and acting as if he is this guru doctor guy. We didn't go back for another visit because I told her this has red flags popping up everywhere. The guy screams scam artist and if he's even qualified or a trusting person to keep her where she needs to be mentally, and I was thinking no, no he is not, and he may hurt it more than help it...

So if you check out the websites they scream sketchy, at least to me, and that this guy is trying to act as a doctor of some sorts with a multitude of certifications, when i don't believe it, and don't believe he is qualified to help someone with mental issues to be giving the wrong advice that can ultimately have serious implications for people that don't recognize that his words don't have merrit in the mental realm cause he has not studied or practiced such things and is just trying to make a quick buck.

Random question, is there such a thing as the 2016 Best of The Villages Award for Mental Health Service? Cause the website states they got it…

If I am incorrect, please let me know, and I am sorry to bring up this experience as then it would mean I am just overreacting if he indeed is a well known and great doctor, or health physician, or whatever it may be.

RESPONSE 12/24

There is a Senior Crime group to report this, it may help?
We moved here from the West Coast and we have found some real shockers. It seems to us that the make believe helpers here in med and otherwise just see us as the cash cow. I will not go on about our stuff, but please check this out and hope the authorities will act. Was wondering if the Medical Boards in Ocala will do some checking on this?

bbbbbb
Old 12-24-2016, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Well, as usual there is good news and bad news.

Good news. There is a forum for you to voice your complaint, IF the events are exactly as you described.---the Florida Dept. of Health. If you go to their website, on the right side a bit down is a place to file a complaint, which you have every right to do.

Bad news. IF events are NOT exactly as you described, there is a chance that right now Dr. Brady is speaking with his attorneys about a possible libel suit. BE VERY CAREFUL when making specific accusations and naming an individual on an open internet forum, you may not like the results. The phrases "in my opinion" and "it is possible that" aren't a bad idea, better yet, refrain from venting in the first place.

Next question---as soon as a mental health "professional" told your girlfriend she was beautiful, why weren't you out the door in 1/2 second? Talk about red flags......
Closed Thread

Tags
doctor, practice, girlfriend, man, mental

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.