serenity dentistry spa

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Default serenity dentistry spa

I just visited Serenity Dentistry Spa in Spanish Spring. Really like the high tech office and staffs. Need feedback from other Villagers before I make a schedule.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Veteran member

We go there and are very happy with Dr. Luong and her staff.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:21 AM

We have been going to Dr. Loung for some time now and absolutely love her and the beautiful high tech office. Connie takes care of all insurance issues and we feel like we are family. I highly recommend Serenity Dental Spa!!!
Old 10-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,144 Times in 830 Posts
Default I know nothing, but

When an office buys an expensive piece of equipment they have to be sure they increase their income to cover its costs. Orthopedic offices with MRI's do more MRI's than offices without one would order. Gyn's with bone density machines will tell you than you need a scan more often than those without one. You've got to make money on the investment. I am very cautious about any medical professional who encourages use of their own shiney new machine when last year they didn't tell me to go elsewhere to get the service they were not able to supply in house. When did dentists become spa directors? Is that covered in dental school or marketing school and what does it say about the priority of the people running the office
Old 10-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
When an office buys an expensive piece of equipment they have to be sure they increase their income to cover its costs. Orthopedic offices with MRI's do more MRI's than offices without one would order. Gyn's with bone density machines will tell you than you need a scan more often than those without one. You've got to make money on the investment. I am very cautious about any medical professional who encourages use of their own shiney new machine when last year they didn't tell me to go elsewhere to get the service they were not able to supply in house. When did dentists become spa directors? Is that covered in dental school or marketing school and what does it say about the priority of the people running the office
The term "spa" has many implications, some of which are sorely needed in most dental practices where many of us have been brutalized over the years by dentists that should have been limited to working in a blacksmith shop, shoeing horses.

Spas typically promote whole-body and mind wellness, not pain quadrupled by the stress and insult of being told "you can't be feeling that....the novacaine is working" (never mind the high pitched drill sounds piercing thru every nerve in your body).

Spas promote relaxation, not fear of being worked on by somebody who denies they're causing horrendous pain and apparently cares nothing about that.

Spas would also not have that horrible antiseptic smell smack its patrons in the face as they walk in, reminding them of every horrible dentistry experience they've ever had. Smells can remind us of past experiences just as much as old songs on the radio remind us of all the details of where we were 40 years ago when we heard it first.

I think the dentist mentioned is a caring, compassionate person to set up her practice as she has. If patients thought it were a farce, they wouldn't be going there and recommending it to others as is the case many times here.

And if you think the dentist has bought newer, digital/computerized imaging equipment only to rake in more bucks, maybe when it's time to get a mammogram, you or your wife should look for a provider that uses the mammogram machinery of 20-30 years ago instead of the state-of-the-art digital/computerized ones in use today.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:17 PM

I appreciate your responses.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Smile Great experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfclub View Post
I just visited Serenity Dentistry Spa in Spanish Spring. Really like the high tech office and staffs. Need feedback from other Villagers before I make a schedule.
Was just there for my first patient visit, really liked the staff and the Dentst.
Highly recommend to everyone.
Extremely comforable atmosphere.
Professional in all aspects of the practice.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Platinum member

We've been going there about a year now and really like Dr. Luong and her staff!
The "spa" experience is little more than soothing music and a calming video to watch while in the chair plus a warm towel when you are finished! We love it! Her rates are lower than what we were paying in NC two years ago!
Old 12-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Wife and I are both patients. Found Dr Luong first here on TOTV and were also sceptical about the "Spa". Personally think she should ditch that name as it spooks some people (including me) . That being said , we have been patients for 18 months and have both been very pleased with every aspect of the practice .
Old 12-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Veteran member

My husband and I,are patients of dr. luong. We love her. The office staff is very friendly and Connie is wonderful. She checks out everything about your insurance and you know how much you owe. I am deathly afraid of dentists and her practice put me at ease they are the only practice that I found that has gas. When you need a crown she has it ready that day. No having a temp on and waiting a couple of weeks to get the permanent put in. Mine fit the first time. She sent me to Dr Clause for a root canal and she was wonderful too. All I can say is wonderful experience with serenity dental spa. Love them.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Gold member

Wife and I just had our first visits for full x-rays and cleaning. Everything went fine, we like Dr. Luong and her staff, and they take assignment from Delta Dental. Also, we were not hit with any surprises
Old 12-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfclub View Post
Have been a patient for more than a year now. They do a great job and what I liked was no pressure and no "new" ideas on what I need. Excellent at making the patient feel comfortable while offering peace of mind.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:21 AM

First time in my life I can actually say, "I love my dentist!"
Old 12-31-2012, 09:20 AM
Veteran member

My experience at Serenity Spa was a little different. I made an appointment based on the glowing reviews here. When I got there, on time, I was told I should have arrived 45 minutes earlier for paperwork. No one told me that. The hygenist had a cold and kept sniffling during my cleaning, and she talked nonstop and waited for responses from me even though she was busy in my mouth. When Dr. Luong came in, she barely said hello, kept repeating previously asked questions to me, like "how long have you lived here". Then she told her tech I needed two areas of dental work which no other dentist had told me. I couldn't wait to get out of there. And I haven't had any problems with my teeth in the past 8 mos since my visit. She may be great, but one couldn't tell it from my visit there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.