slow ambulance service today

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2016, 08:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Marion County tracks response time and also has target times they want to meet. Staffing is a problem which relates back to the amount of money they have to spend. You will probably find that they have good response time but they would like to do better but do not have the resources.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
In addition to our local fire department ambulances in Ohio, we have Care Flight helicopters operating out of our local airport for transportation.
On more than one occasion, I've seen a helicopter land at a golf course near my Villages home.
I assume the helicopter is meeting an ambulance and airlifting a needy patient to another hospital.
I always say a little prayer when I see the emergency helicopter.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:26 AM
Veteran member

I was at the craft fair at Colony Plaza today when an older lady lost consciousness. She was laid on the ground while one person was on the phone with the 911 operator and the ambulance was there within 5 minutes. I was very impressed with that particular response time!

The lady came around by the time the ambulance arrived and while I was asking her questions, she said, "I just pulled a Hillary!". At that point, I knew she was going to be just fine.

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 09-24-2016, 09:16 PM
Sage
Default slow ambulance service today

We have 3 air ambulance services that I know of: Tampa General (3 helos), Shands, and Orlando. There is another that has previously been based in Wildwood, but it has recently moved. I wouldn't sweat getting where you might need to go. Central FL is well covered.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabanana73 View Post
I was at the craft fair at Colony Plaza today when an older lady lost consciousness. She was laid on the ground while one person was on the phone with the 911 operator and the ambulance was there within 5 minutes. I was very impressed with that particular response time!

The lady came around by the time the ambulance arrived and while I was asking her questions, she said, "I just pulled a Hillary!". At that point, I knew she was going to be just fine.

Thank you for monitoring her. That is exactly what we need, along with CPR/AED trained Villagers.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

It is worth noting that Janet Tutt, District Manager said in The Daily Sun Sept 29, that this was a false rumor.
She advised if you hear or read something, take a minute to question it.
She suggests to call 753-4508 and get the rest of the story.
Her email address; janet.tutt@districtgov.org
Old 09-29-2016, 08:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
It is worth noting that Janet Tutt, District Manager said in The Daily Sun Sept 29, that this was a false rumor.
Before she is inundated with emails, please tell us what she told you. Lots easier for all involved IMHO.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
Before she is inundated with emails, please tell us what she told you. Lots easier for all involved IMHO.
She told me nothing. I read it in the paper. And I posted what was in the article. I could look up the section and page number if that would be helpful??
Why would she get a lot of emails on something that she said was a rumor..........
Old 09-29-2016, 01:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
She told me nothing. I read it in the paper. And I posted what was in the article. I could look up the section and page number if that would be helpful??
Why would she get a lot of emails on something that she said was a rumor..........
My apologies. I read your post quickly and thoight you gave her telephone number and email address so people could call and find out the rest of the story.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Maybe because some folks don't trust her
or the Daily Sun to tell a story without a slant?
Old 09-29-2016, 04:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post

CF - you know me fairly well I think. The story about the slow response time is absolutely false. I know the gentleman who was the patient in this instance. And I know the leadership of TVPSD and asked them about this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2016, 04:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I really get tired of everything always framed as some conspiracy!
The some folks that don't trust her need to get a life.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
CF - you know me fairly well I think. The story about the slow response time is absolutely false. I know the gentleman who was the patient in this instance. And I know the leadership of TVPSD and asked them about this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Coming from you, that's all I need,
DB.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:13 AM

Hi all, I was the patient in this discussion. I went to TVPSD 44 (headquarters) today and asked to have a copy of the run report for my call. They were very happy to give me a copy of all the paperwork. The responding units to Rohan came from Sta 45 across the street from Eisenhower Rec Center. Both the fast attack piece (Paramedic & EMT) and ladder were dispatched at 10:35 and arrived at 10:41. 6 minutes total. The Sumter County EMS ambulance (Paramedic & EMT) was enroute to scene at 10:35 and arrived at scene 10:47. 12 minutes total. Not the 20 or 25 or 30 minutes everyone keeps insisting on. As has been stated before, The Villages has a very good EMS setup and it responds as quickly and efficiently as possible. The Sumter County EMS ambulance is also a well organized and an integral part of the EMS system here in The Villages. Thank you to all who responded to my needs.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMLRHT1 View Post
Hi all, I was the patient in this discussion. I went to TVPSD 44 (headquarters) today and asked to have a copy of the run report for my call. They were very happy to give me a copy of all the paperwork. The responding units to Rohan came from Sta 45 across the street from Eisenhower Rec Center. Both the fast attack piece (Paramedic & EMT) and ladder were dispatched at 10:35 and arrived at 10:41. 6 minutes total. The Sumter County EMS ambulance (Paramedic & EMT) was enroute to scene at 10:35 and arrived at scene 10:47. 12 minutes total. Not the 20 or 25 or 30 minutes everyone keeps insisting on. As has been stated before, The Villages has a very good EMS setup and it responds as quickly and efficiently as possible. The Sumter County EMS ambulance is also a well organized and an integral part of the EMS system here in The Villages. Thank you to all who responded to my needs.
So glad for your happy outcome. Be well!

Tags
hurry, ambulance, pickleball, slow, today

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.