Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS)

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Eternal Member
Default Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS)

Has anyone either heard of SCS or had an SCS device implanted?

For education, Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS) is a method where they implant a device (similar to a pacemaker) into your back/buttocks and attach electrodes to your spinal cord in the proper places and it sends electric pulses to those places to block the pain signal from going to the brain. Instead of pain you feel a minor tingling sensation.

This is used when you have had too many operations on the spine. I have had two at the same place (L3/L4) and the doctor does not think he wants to do another one. He has already removed some pieces of bone from the spinal column to give me relief.

Thanks,
Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Platinum member

I have had two at the same place (L3/L4) and the doctor does not think he wants to do another one. He has already removed some pieces of bone from the spinal column to give me relief.

Hey Caveman,

The important phrase from your post is "the Dr. does not think..." Time for a second opinion.

I had the most delicate spinal surgery imaginable up here in Buffalo. Perfect results! Done by the same Dr. Gibbons whose surgery allowed the NFL player Kevin Everitt to walk again.
This guy and his Spinal Group really know their stuff. I'll bet there are others closer to you who do also.

Remember, the undefeated TOTV Fantasy League leading owner deserves the best care possible!

Good Luck,
Pete
Old 10-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
I have had two at the same place (L3/L4) and the doctor does not think he wants to do another one. He has already removed some pieces of bone from the spinal column to give me relief.

Hey Caveman,

The important phrase from your post is "the Dr. does not think..." Time for a second opinion.

I had the most delicate spinal surgery imaginable up here in Buffalo. Perfect results! Done by the same Dr. Gibbons whose surgery allowed the NFL player Kevin Everitt to walk again.
This guy and his Spinal Group really know their stuff. I'll bet there are others closer to you who do also.

Remember, the undefeated TOTV Fantasy League leading owner deserves the best care possible!

Good Luck,
Pete
I am still doing research on this. I will go for the next step and then think about it. I was just wondering if anyone on TOTV has had it done (or even heard about it).

I called my health provider and it is a viable (and covered) treatment.

The weeks are getting tougher in the TOTV fantasy league.Injuries, rookies figuring out what to do, teams defensing the new offenses and the byes.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.