Spinal Decompression or Traction

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2015, 07:11 PM
Default Spinal Decompression or Traction

Does anyone know of a physical therapy facility that usef spinal decompression or traction equipment? Name? Location?

Thanks.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

The chiropractor in Pinellas Plaza has decompression equipment, I used it for several sessions.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Best Spinal decompression is Dr Valencia off of Rte 466 just before Rolling Acres. His machine is definitely more advanced than most chiropractors.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:55 AM
Sage

Lake Centre For Rehabilitation, Old Camp Rd, Lake Sumter Landing has traction equipment.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I have lower back problems and have researched "Decompression" to a dead end. Lots of advertising by chiropractors, but no carefully controlled clinical studies. No peer review info-- etc. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Seems like a pattern for the many miracle remedies for lower back pain.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
The chiropractor in Pinellas Plaza has decompression equipment, I used it for several sessions.
I was curious if you received relief from the sessions. I was also wondering if the session is included in a regular appointment or if it is an added therapy. My insurance is not accepted by these particular chiropractors and was wondering of the out of pocket expenses I would incur - I have terrible sciatica and the only therapy that made any difference was spinal epidurals.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marennorge View Post
Does anyone know of a physical therapy facility that usef spinal decompression or traction equipment? Name? Location?

Thanks.
Legacy Clinic at Laurel Manor. Dr. John Teech uses spinal decompression. I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis in several areas and was barely able to walk before I began therapy. Medicare only covers the chiropractic adjustment portion, the rest is out-of-pocket. It's very expensive but well worth it.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:28 PM
Platinum member
Smile Go to an MD.

It sounds like you are trying to delay getting proper medical attention from a medical doctor. I consider that a mistake.

Go to an MD; get an MRI and then discuss your treatment options with an MD.

Or, you can go to the guy pictured below:
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Quack.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	50683  
Old 04-22-2015, 08:24 AM
Gold member

I have been using an inversion table for about 25 years. Works for me. Prevented a second back operation.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:07 PM

I have tried a laundry list of other treatments. My doctor has suggested that I research PT facilities -- not chiropractic -- and let her know which one provides spinal traction or decompression. She will then give me a referral there. We are trying to avoid bone spur surgery.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marennorge View Post
I have tried a laundry list of other treatments. My doctor has suggested that I research PT facilities -- not chiropractic -- and let her know which one provides spinal traction or decompression. She will then give me a referral there. We are trying to avoid bone spur surgery.
I have gotten fantastic relief using decompression for stenosis. Could not stand or walk for more than a couple minutes without pain, tingling and numbness in my legs and now I have no problem going for long walks. I was skeptical too at first but thought I'd give it a try and I am happy with it. I go to Colony Chiropratic in the Colony Plaza. It might be worth a try for you. Good luck.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
Best Spinal decompression is Dr Valencia off of Rte 466 just before Rolling Acres. His machine is definitely more advanced than most chiropractors.
Dr. Valencia is my husband's neurologist and he does spinal decompression with very up to date equipment.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.