Are There Any Plans For An Additional "Wellness Center South"?

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Are There Any Plans For An Additional "Wellness Center South"?

The Wellness Center at the hospital seems well designed-equipped-staffed and is very popular. Popular to the extent of overcrowding at fairly regular times, particularly "in season". The exercise facilities at Laurel Manor seem similarly overcrowded at the most popular times.

I've decided not to pay the fee to gain access to an already overcrowded Wellness Center that's a long golf cart ride from our house in the "south Villages". I would happily opt for a fee-based Wellness Center if it was properly sized for its useage and closer to home.

Anyone hear of plans for another facility out our way?
Old 07-15-2007, 08:25 AM
Sage
Default Re: Are There Any Plans For An Additional "Wellness Center South"?

Kahuna.... the new regional rec center at 466A - Colony Cottage -- has a fitness center ...much bigger than Laurel Manor and lots of state of the art equipment. You can pay as you go (approx $5 daily rate) or purchase a membership. It is a beautiful facility and because it is now on the outskirts of TV probably won't be too crowded for awhile. It is not like the Wellness Center with personal trainers but has all the equipment. Check it out!!
Old 07-16-2007, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Thanks For The Tip...

...I'll definitely check out the Colony Cottage Rec Center when we get back. We're "up north" for the summer and missing The Villages a lot. Next year our northbound trek will be a lot shorter, for sure.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:55 AM
Default Re: Are There Any Plans For An Additional "Wellness Center South"?

Hi. I just wanted to let you know that I have heard that they will be opening a new Wellness Center, south of 466 sometime in the future. This will not be the one that is currently in Colony Cottage that is just a fitness center, not a wellness center.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.