Tongue Cancer

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2017, 07:42 AM
Default Tongue Cancer

Has anyone had any experience with tongue cancer. Where should I go for the best treatment and what should I expect. I am not sure what direction to go and I don't want to risk making a mistake.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmmkm View Post
Has anyone had any experience with tongue cancer. Where should I go for the best treatment and what should I expect. I am not sure what direction to go and I don't want to risk making a mistake.
I have no experience with this type of cancer ........... but, my first approach is always to research, research and then research again. Your computer is the best form of research you could have. After reading your question this morning I searched on line for Tongue Cancer and came up with literally dozens of sites for more information. Have you spoken to your own doctor as what he/she recommends. That would be my first place to start and see what they think you should do.

My experience with major health care has been Mayo, so I got into their website: Tongue cancer - Mayo Clinic. Other people have used other cancer centers and I am sure you will get loads of information once people hit their computers.

You have many options, but for me, when it comes to my health, I have to believe in whoever is advising me.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-22-2017, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmmkm View Post
"Tongue cancer" can mean a lot of things, but on the surface, it is probably beyond local expertise. I would look into Moffit in Tampa, MD Anderson in Orlando, Shands in Gainesville or Mayo in Jacksonville.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:10 PM

MD Anderson in Orlando now goes by the name of UF Health Cancer Center. My husband and I have both been treated there. He had something similiar to your post and they were terrific. He did short chemo and radiation which took care of the problem. I trust them completely. Docs who treated me 10 years ago are still there. Top notch. Go for a consult. Easy trip to hospital. My daughter works at Florida Hospital in Orlando and although I have no personal experience with their cancer docs, she gives a thumbs up. Good luck, speedy recovery.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:40 PM

I have heard wonderful things about Shands.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

The suggestions above are very good, use one of them.
I've had throat cancer, 2007. Let me tell you like like my oncologist told me
"The cure is worse than the disease, but you'll live"
I had 3 total surgeries, 34 rounds of radiation and 3 atom bomb chemo sessions and I suffered big-time for 6 months.
I still have some after effects (ie: saliva glands are mostly shot, and more), but it's just accepting and learning to deal with them.

Hang tough, be strong, take one day at a time. God bless you.
Closed Thread

Tags
tongue, cancer, mistake, direction, risk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.