United health care

Closed Thread
Old 10-03-2013, 04:09 PM

We just switched to The Village Health Clinic a few months ago with PCP. The United Healthcare replacement policy sucks. They just bought PCP to put them out of business and acquire their customers. Hope our old primary care doc takes us back.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:25 PM

I'm not certain where all of you are getting your information. We have been part of the VHC since it started last year. We have Harvard Pilgrim (out of Boston area and #9 on the top insurance providers in the country)... no where on their website does it state they take our insurance, but guess what - they do. Why? Because HP pays their bills immediately...
We are thrilled with our doctors and the system. It's the main reason I feel very comfortable living here year round going forward and not waiting to go back to NH for my yearly exams.
My suggestion is that you talk with the front desk and billing department about your specific supplemental plan and find out directly from them what they will take and what they will not.
I'm guessing if you have a very cheap monthly plan that has high deductibles, you may find they will not take it... Some of the cheaper plans do not allow what is called cross over payment... which means Medicare pays first, then sends the bills to your insurance company for further processing... which translates in the billing department at the doctor's office waiting forever for their money - or never getting it.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizdoc View Post
We have the FEP Blue plan and have had no problems anywhere in the US.

GEHA is spotty at best in many areas of the country, as is true for several other plans (such as the plans serviced by Aetna). Aetna is apparently accepted in the Jacksonville area, but doesn't feel that it is worth signing up providers in this area. The problem is most often that the servicing carrier decides to not sign up doctors in an area rather than the docs all getting together and dumping the carrier. Stop and think for a moment - do you really think that all of the docs in TV got together and dumped GEHA or Aetna?

Open season will be here shortly (assuming that OPM gets an appropriation before Christmas). I'd suggest dumping GEHA and switching to BCBS or any other major plan widely accepted in the area.
Thanks for the Info.....Yes, I know it's open season and already have plans to change insurance. Just hate that after 27 years with GEHA and never a problem anywhere (even Florida), I move to TV and have had nothing but problems with it.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:09 AM
Sage

The only medicare advantage plan the Villages Health system takes is United Health Care's plan. The take other insurance - it is only the medicare advantage plan that is limited as far as acceptance.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.