"Village Dental", comments, good or bad!!!

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2016, 10:02 AM
Default "Village Dental", comments, good or bad!!!

Have you had any experiences with Village Dental and/or Dr. Pablo Sierra, whether good or bad?
Old 10-10-2016, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Good experiences of every kind from..

Palm Ridge Dental.

Drs. Kathleen Williams and Reem Jabar.
Both educated at University of Florida. Smart, gentle and kind and years of experience. They try to improve your self care so you won't need them.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:18 PM

Thank you very much.
Jim
Old 10-10-2016, 01:19 PM
Gold member

Village Dental is very good but seemed to push additional work that may not be immediately necessary. Because my insurance is limited I also found them expensive. I had to switch because of an insurance issue so I am now with Lifetime Dentristy for the last 3 years. Very satisfied
Old 10-10-2016, 01:33 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Very expensive and suggests extra work My treatment plan was $19000

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 10-10-2016, 02:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmays7119@gmail.com View Post
Have you had any experiences with Village Dental and/or Dr. Pablo Sierra, whether good or bad?
When we moved here about 9 yrs ago, Village Dental was the only game in town. I had an excellent dentist in my home town area and my dental work was very good. When I saw Village they wanted to remake my mouth cosmetically at a huge cost.

I was recommended to Palm Ridge, Dr. Williams and absolutely love her, great dentist.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
When we moved here about 9 yrs ago, Village Dental was the only game in town. I had an excellent dentist in my home town area and my dental work was very good. When I saw Village they wanted to remake my mouth cosmetically at a huge cost.

I was recommended to Palm Ridge, Dr. Williams and absolutely love her, great dentist.
Same experience exactly.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:06 PM

Can't speak for Dr Sierra - I go to Dr Hall - and I think Villages Dental is wonderful. They might be more expensive - and I do not have dental insurance - but everything they do is first rate. My mother worked front desk for a dentist for many years so I am experienced with how dental offices run - I have never had as thorough of an initial exam as with Villages Dental. If they think you are having an issue they show you a picture of the area to be treated with an explanation of your situation. It is your choice whether or not to proceed with what is recommended or not - they do not do a hard sell like some other offices. If I need to have a crown done I personally to not want it to be made of an inferior material that will not last and need to be replaced in a few years. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I would not hesitate to recommend Villages Dental.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

Village Dental wanted more than $1000 for a deep cleaning or "scaling". My dentist in Virginia for more than 20 years said it was not needed, and if it was it would cost about $500. I now go to Dr. Lunsford in Leesburg who also said I don't need the deep cleaning. It seems as though a lot of dentists in The Villages want to do deep cleanings, which is something I never even heard about until I moved here.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

What does the comment about "inferior material" for a crown mean? Does anyone know a dentist in The Villages today uses inferior materials?
Old 10-16-2016, 08:31 PM

Village Dental told me I needed treatment which I definitely did not need. Thankfully I am a retired dental hygienist, having worked in upstate NY for many years, and I knew better. The Villages has honest doctors and dentists, but many who are not. Be cautious in your choices, check them out carefully.

Last edited by mgwarden; 10-16-2016 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Add information
Old 10-17-2016, 07:49 AM
Gold member

Very, very, very expensive in my case. My quote was over $20K and that estimate really didn't address the problems as I saw it. Very disappointed.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:05 AM
Eternal Member

When we moved here I went to the Villages Dental & scheduled a cleaning & checkup. They wanted to do all of this work on me & gave me the most ridiculous price.
I had a wonderful dentist in Michigan that never told me I should have these things done.
I then went to Marion Dental and saw Dr. Edwards. He is awesome. He told me he wouldn't recommend I have those things done.
I have been going to Marion Dental for about 12 years. Very happy.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I distinctly remember being given a long stem red rose when I left my appointment with Village.... gonna have to talk to Palm Ridge about that!!!!!:

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-17-2016, 09:36 AM
Veteran member

I went to Dr Hards at Village Dental. My teeth feel better now than they have in 30 years.

When we lived up north I had a very good dentist but I constantly put things off until there was no choice.

When things did get bad and needed to be fixed my dentist would often say “I can fix this with just a filling but you could do a crown here because eventually you will need to”. But I’d go with the fillings until there was no choice but to get a crown.

Anyhow when we got here I went to Dr Hards he pointed out many things that I already knew were issues and some I didn’t and he suggested a bunch of crowns. I said go for it all. Yeah, it was expensive and our insurance covered very little of it but it was the best dental decision I ever made.

I’ve been doing all my followup cleanings/exams with Village Dental and I haven’t any tooth issues/pain in two and a half years… up north I’d be in for filling a couple of times a year.

Now, with over 30 years of hindsight I wish I had told my dentist up north “Do the crown” every time he mentioned the possibility of one. My dentist up north never pushed anything even slightly. He didn’t advertise because he wanted to build his business by word of mouth only, which he did very well. Now I wish he pushed at least a little bit or I was a bit smarter about the amount of dental services my teeth actually needed.

So I’m sure I could get less expensive dental care elsewhere or just go back to my ignore until you have no choice strategy, but I think I will stick with Village Dental instead.
Closed Thread

Tags
village, good, bad, dental, and/or

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.