Villages Ear

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2016, 09:31 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shumbapie View Post
Rubicon, I could not agree more about closed caption for the British movies/actors. Especially when they are wispering in on scene and screaming in the next.
I recently purchased a Zvox Accuvoice TV Speaker and the difference in understanding TV voices (especially female voices) is totally amazing. My hearing loss is moderate and mostly higher frequencies. My HA's are Starkey Z Series I90's and I now don't bother with the TV program built into my aids
If TV voices are a problem, the Accuvoice is certainly worth checking out.
accuvocetv-speakerbar-jpg
Suffering from TV envy
Old 10-21-2016, 11:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
I looked this up online, apparently the Phonak V70 is not a model number, it is a technology category. So you can buy a V70 in many different models, such as the Naida, Audeo, Bolero, Virto, Sky, CrossB, CrossII, and even the Lyric is part of the V70 category. Anybody have a feeling this industry is trying to mess with us?

Ted, would it be too much to ask what model, and its cost, each ear? Thanks Bill
I purchased the Audeo V70. I let Dan know that I had been to 8 or 9 places and asked of him what I had requested of everybody: "give me your best recommendation and price as I will be making a decision very quickly". I never gave any of them any other quotes. Dan seemed to want my business the most.

Last edited by tedquick; 10-21-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:17 AM

Well, I never did hear back from Oticon. Instead, they contacted my audiologist to let them know I had emailed them.
I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out, how they knew where I purchased my hearing aids.
Anyway, my audiologist called me and asked what the problem was. So I let her know that I was not satisfied about her explanation as to why I can no longer hear music with these hearing aids. So I have another appointment tomorrow and hopefully, if she cannot implement a music program, she can get with someone who can.
I understand with my hearing loss, I am very limited to what I will be able to hear.
My speech discrimination is terrible. I have zero speech discrimination without hearing aids, and only 40% with.
I have to use captioning when watching tv, and no longer hear on the phone. I text real good though :-).
If in an emergency I do need to use the phone, I go thru a captioning service, ( if anyone who has ever used this knows how awful it is. )
So keeping my fingers crossed that a music program can be implemented.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:40 AM

The trial period is not only in Florida it is mandated by the US government to prevent people from getting stuck with aids they can't use. I too hope and pray anyone trying out hearing aids will not settle for something that does not work. It's an extensive process, but well worth it.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brugi View Post
Well, I never did hear back from Oticon. Instead, they contacted my audiologist to let them know I had emailed them.
I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out, how they knew where I purchased my hearing aids.
Anyway, my audiologist called me and asked what the problem was. So I let her know that I was not satisfied about her explanation as to why I can no longer hear music with these hearing aids. So I have another appointment tomorrow and hopefully, if she cannot implement a music program, she can get with someone who can.
I understand with my hearing loss, I am very limited to what I will be able to hear.
My speech discrimination is terrible. I have zero speech discrimination without hearing aids, and only 40% with.
I have to use captioning when watching tv, and no longer hear on the phone. I text real good though :-).
If in an emergency I do need to use the phone, I go thru a captioning service, ( if anyone who has ever used this knows how awful it is. )
So keeping my fingers crossed that a music program can be implemented.
My heart goes out to you because it's so hard to do business of any kind when you cannot hear and especially so when you're dealing for hearing aids. The caption phone would be funny if it were not so dangerous. You absolutely cannot count on what it its captioning. There is a live person repeating what your caller says and the captions are generated from that. It's an insane method and no where near as accurate as TV captions. So many losses come with hearing loss.
Closed Thread

Tags
ear, hearing, villages, good, publix

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.