Villages ER - awful - Saga continues

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2017, 08:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Having been involved with EMS before moving to Florida I can tell you the ERs in General are HORRIBLE. Wait time is crazy and people wasting emergency ambulances because they think they get in quicker. We had a 7-11 next to the Hospital by us on Long Island and you'd see people in Hospital Gowns with IV poles walking in the door of the 7-11 because they needed food they'd been waiting so long. It's only gotten worse and will continue. ERs can't & won't refuse to see you or treat you. Our insurance & medical in the good ole USA is a disgrace. I really don't know how the Doctors & Nurses can work in an ER. You see all the walking wounded, the cold & tired and sometimes the most filthy disgusting people you could imagine come to the ER. The Hospitals in General are swamped with patients and it's only going to get worse.
As for TVRH I've had 4 procedures done in the Hospital and was treated fine. This last one I had to wait 2 months after my procedure to get into my rehab class they're so backed up.
I truly believe they're doing the best they can. If you don't like them don't go but remember this IF you call an Ambulance unless it's a trauma guess where your going. Be patient.
I agree. My husband has been to the ER 4 times. The first time was during "season" and that was miserable. Three other times he did have a wait but when the waiting room is full you have to expect that. Twice he was admitted and his care from start to finish was excellent.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I was at TVRH today for my rehab. As I walked by the ER there were about 15 people ER waiting room. What I thought was really strange thou on my way by the Urgent Care room there was only 1 person waiting. Guess it is the freebe rule. Urgent care can do almost all that the ER can and it's open 8-8. Might want to try them next time !
Old 01-21-2017, 09:40 AM
Sage

There are folks who use the ER as a clinic rather than using Urgent Care. This is an abuse! That said, everything is perception re: the ER....when you're in pain etc. you want care STAT. But that rarely happens. I've said it before...we've experienced TVRH (Leesburg too) ER and will say while there were waits our care was excellent.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Default Closure but no satisfaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbear View Post
This continues the thread I started called Villages Hospital ER - Awful which attracted quite a few replies and several thousand views.

I mentioned in my original post that I walked out of the Villages ER after 2 hours passed with no one as much as taking my wife's temperature. She was treated immediately at Leesburg.

I happened to be reviewing online what Leesburg submitted for insurance reimbursement when I noticed a claim submitted by none other than The Villages Hospital.

It turns out that The Villages Hospital submitted a claim for almost $3000!! For what? I notified my insurance company who contacted the hospital who said it was for Triaging my wife and associated paperwork - which they never did!

I again notified my insurance company that the hospital did absolutely nothing and they will again pursue it.

Even though this doesn't come out of my pocket, it irks me no end that The Villages Hospital ER is attempting to collect money for doing absolutely nothing.

To be continued....

Tbear

I began this thread with a promise for it to be continued. Well, after notifying my insurance company that Villages ER did nothing but put a wrist band on my wife and told her to sit in the waiting room, they paid the ER $552 which is the medicare allowance for the $2290 the ER charged them.

I guess from a corporate point of view, it likely costs the insurance company more than $552 do refute the claim but as one respondent in this thread suggested - this is fraudulent in nature by the hospital -

I had to chuckle at the recent article about the Villages hospital in the FEB POA bulletin entitled " The Villages Hospital: Working toward Extraordinary Care "

Do Mr. Pittman and Susan Williams really know how poor service is at their hospital? The article makes for great reading reminding me of my corporate days when consultants were hired to create well polished, top level, multi-phased plans to impress the board of directors and stock holders. I sincerely wish them well and hope they can improve things for the sake of all of us.

I'm tempted to point out this thread ( and the many others ) in this forum to them so their research can see what their customers are really saying...

Tbear
Old 02-05-2017, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

So, why don't you??
If you go to this site there are ways to email all of the management team.
Let us know what response you get.
Executive team | The Villages Regional Hospital | The Villages, Florida
Old 02-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Sage
Default What a mess

My father in law was having chest pain and went to TVRH. He was triaged and told to have a seat in the waiting room, it would be a while. He got up and told the nurse "I'd rather die at home." How sad is this??? When I lived "up North", I had a bout of severe chest pain. I went to our ECC and they took me right in. This is the way it should be with chest pain. I also noticed that nobody at TVRH ECC offers to get a wheelchair for those in need. I watched a man, who could barely walk, drag himself into the ECC at TVRH and not one person offered him assistance. Again, up North, the ECC staff would have gotten a wheelchair and assisted him. I cannot believe the lack of care here.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,749 Times in 1,386 Posts

What TVRH calls triage is in no way shape or form or intent, triage.

From recent personal experience the so called male nurses that were pretending to do triage were a disgrace to the profession. One was eating his subway sandwich while typing in my information.

I had a severe hand injury and was bleeding and they never asked to see the wound.
They said they would have to put in an IV but that I would still have to sit in the waiting room. When I asked how long they sort a chuckled at each other. They said there were people out there that had been there for two hours or more. I said I did not care I was in pain and bleeding. They could not assure me I would see a doctor that night.

I asked them both for their names. Gave them my assessment of their incompetence and that that were an insult to nurses. They said I would have to sign a release. I told them I was about as likely to sign that release as they were at assuring me to see a doctor.

Then left.

Aquick search of Monroe and Ocala Regional netted me with info there was a hand surgeon on call at Ocala Regional Trauma Center. I walked in, signed in their computerized kiosk, and was in with their triage office in less than 5 minutes....real triage nurses doing nursing and caring for patients....I was admitted nad in surgery the next morning.

In the future there is little risk to one's health safety by going to Ocala Regional or Monroe Community.

Like some have a do not resusitate document....we have do not take to TVRH under any circumstances.

And yes I did write a detailed letter to the board of the hospital.....it has to be obvious to them they have a problem. It is also obvious by reading the posts over the years that nothing has ever been done.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Rather than calling this The Villages regional hospital ( in a disparaging way ) it should be referred to as Central Florida Health at The Villages. CFH is simply licensed to use the TV trademark.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:30 PM

I have had many occasions to need and take advantage of the Villages hospital ER over the years. Once for myself, several times for my husband, and a couple of times with a visiting friend. We have always received excellent care and are very grateful to the staff there for doing everything they could possibly do to help us. I would love to see more posts from those who had positive experiences, and there are many of us.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
What TVRH calls triage is in no way shape or form or intent, triage.

From recent personal experience the so called male nurses that were pretending to do triage were a disgrace to the profession. One was eating his subway sandwich while typing in my information.

I had a severe hand injury and was bleeding and they never asked to see the wound.
They said they would have to put in an IV but that I would still have to sit in the waiting room. When I asked how long they sort a chuckled at each other. They said there were people out there that had been there for two hours or more. I said I did not care I was in pain and bleeding. They could not assure me I would see a doctor that night.

I asked them both for their names. Gave them my assessment of their incompetence and that that were an insult to nurses. They said I would have to sign a release. I told them I was about as likely to sign that release as they were at assuring me to see a doctor.

Then left.

Aquick search of Monroe and Ocala Regional netted me with info there was a hand surgeon on call at Ocala Regional Trauma Center. I walked in, signed in their computerized kiosk, and was in with their triage office in less than 5 minutes....real triage nurses doing nursing and caring for patients....I was admitted nad in surgery the next morning.

In the future there is little risk to one's health safety by going to Ocala Regional or Monroe Community.

Like some have a do not resusitate document....we have do not take to TVRH under any circumstances.

And yes I did write a detailed letter to the board of the hospital.....it has to be obvious to them they have a problem. It is also obvious by reading the posts over the years that nothing has ever been done.
You are so right.

A few months after moving here I tore my achilles tendon over the weekend and drove myself to TVRH and hobbled in to the ER. After waiting 15 minutes I could see this place would not help me and learned it could be a 24 hour wait. Hobbled back out and went to an urgent care facility that did xrays, gave me a diagnosis and stabilized my foot until I could see an orthopedic surgeon on Monday.

Now that I know better, in retrospect, I should have gone to Ocala Regional who would have taken care of my problem right away as they are equipped to handle emergency and trauma cases. I have gone to Ocala a few times for other health care issues and would never again set foot in TVRH. Another excellent facility is Shands in Gainseville
Old 02-06-2017, 04:30 PM
Platinum member

I have taken my mother to the ER twice in the last six months. In both cases we were immediately triaged and taken back to a room. The care could not have been better. I do volunteer at the hospital and as part of my job interview patients about their care on the floor and I also ask if they came through the ER how that experience was. It is actually rare for me to hear horror stories. There are periods when the ER is full or in diversion in which some people are not immediately treated. I have volunteered for over a year and have seen a steady improvement in the ratings folks give the ER. The ratings on the floor are nearly all excellent - folks get good nursing care. I would not hesitate to go to the Villages ER if I didn't have need for a full trauma center. This post is not intended to disparage the negative encounters some folks have had, but to relay other experiences.

Last edited by jojo; 02-06-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:43 AM

My wife and I are new Villagers. We thought it an advantage to be near TVRH - and now I'm quite concerned. Why wouldn't the Management poll all visitors / patients in regard to their treatment ? This sounds like the VA system. Absolutely no excuse for less than excellent service and patient treatment. If not, heads should roll ! Charles Gallup - Village of Santo Domingo
Old 02-12-2017, 08:02 AM
Location: Lived in Abingdon, MD now live in Village of Hadley.

I went to TV ER with a wildly erratic heart rate and tightness in my chest. It took close to two hours before I was even triaged and given an EKG. The tech confirmed my heart rate was "all over the place" but wouldn't tell me more. Then we sat in the waiting room for another two-three hours. They had no answers as to how they prioritize the patients they see. In most hospitals if you come in with chest pain you are immediately seen. Someone said things would be even slower because they were changing shifts. We got disgusted and left.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:30 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
I went to TV ER with a wildly erratic heart rate and tightness in my chest. It took close to two hours before I was even triaged and given an EKG. The tech confirmed my heart rate was "all over the place" but wouldn't tell me more. Then we sat in the waiting room for another two-three hours. They had no answers as to how they prioritize the patients they see. In most hospitals if you come in with chest pain you are immediately seen. Someone said things would be even slower because they were changing shifts. We got disgusted and left.
You say your heart rate was all over the place and you should have been taken immediately yet then you say you got disgusted and left. Obviously this was not an emergency case even for you if you were okay to just leave.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:05 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Since most of the problems occur in the ER, why not go to their Urgent Care or to any urgent care, If you need to be admitted, they can get it done?

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Closed Thread

Tags
hospital, villages, submitted, insurance, leesburg

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.