Villages Health and Tricare

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2017, 10:41 PM

My wife and I have Basic Medicare and Tricare for Life. We were enrolled prior to all the changes. After talking to counselor, I was told that there is no guarantee after December of this year. It has worked out very well for us and seems to be very patient care oriented. We have not had out of pocket expenses for the last two years.
I hope we can continue. If there is requirement for UHC we will opt out because Tricare for Life is way better for us.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:48 AM

Did not know anyone was grandfathered in.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:15 PM

We recently moved here. We were told there would be no problem with tricare. My husband has Medicare and TFL. I on the other hand have always had tricare prime. I can't find anyone who will take Tricare Standard here. The offices I have called tell me I must pay cash up front for everything. Tricare has recommended 3 in Leesburg but they seem to be "pain management " offices only. Any guidance or suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:23 AM

What is the reason you need to keep Tricare in your Health portfolio? All you need is The Villages Plan for healthcare. They have two plans. They don't take away your Medicare. Small co-pays. Wonderful facilities. Have been through the works paying only small deductibles. Go to a Medicare Store, there's one in Lake Sumter Landing and talk with them, you'll be surprised.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:51 AM
Platinum member

This is an extremely important decision. Please don't make it based on anecdotal information. Make an appointment with VHS and get info wrt Tricare in writing. Contact Tricare for same. Also talk with a SHINE counselor (no cost) for additional non biased info. Research is a pain, but you need to do due diligence.

If VHS works in your best interests and health circumstances, go for it. We really liked it but had to move on to keep our FEP BCBS. We found a new PCP who we are equally very happy with.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:14 AM

Where are the Shrine counselors?
Old 11-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondr1 View Post
Where are the Shrine counselors?
Is you google broken?

Here is what you want: SHINE - Sumter
Old 11-06-2017, 12:08 AM
Default Tricare for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeriteri View Post
What is the reason you need to keep Tricare in your Health portfolio? All you need is The Villages Plan for healthcare. They have two plans. They don't take away your Medicare. Small co-pays. Wonderful facilities. Have been through the works paying only small deductibles. Go to a Medicare Store, there's one in Lake Sumter Landing and talk with them, you'll be surprised.
The reason to keep Tricare in our health plan ??? NO co-pays and NO deductibles........ Medicare & TFL = NO out of pocket expenses.... period... sounds like a good reason to me and we can go anywhere we want for medical care...
Old 11-06-2017, 08:42 AM

Yes, we do and it works great, we use AARP United Healthcare Medicare as primary and Tricare for Life as secondary. The Villages Healthcare has been great in handling billing for both. Over 200,000 in billing year to date, out of pocket has been under $250.00 - great program.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:17 AM

My husband and I have Humana/Medicare PPO. Would we be able to use the VIllage Health primary Care Physicians?
Old 11-06-2017, 12:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbie44 View Post
My husband and I have Humana/Medicare PPO. Would we be able to use the VIllage Health primary Care Physicians?
No, you won't. Link to accepted insurance plans: Primary Care Accepted Insurance - The Villages Health
Old 11-06-2017, 02:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbie44 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
No, you won't. Link to accepted insurance plans: Primary Care Accepted Insurance - The Villages Health
I should clarify the facts. If you qualify for Medicare, the answer is No. If you are younger than 65, then the answer is Yes.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgilcreast View Post
Just trying to figure out if anyone uses TV Health with Tricare secondary and if it works. Right now I have original Medicare with Tricare as a supplement. Most all say that TV health is fantastic IF you can find the correct physicians and their staff can figure out how to bill Tricare. The issue finding medical care points you to the Medicare website which is WORTHLESS often out of date or the doctors no longer take Medicare, incorrect contact information, etc. I have resorted to word of mouth recommendations with various results, some good, some bad. A common thread is over crowding, poor administration and lousy scheduling procedures. One can count on showing up on time, waiting at least 30-45 minutes to be seen and only a few minutes with a physician or PA. We came from Colorado with Kaiser HMO and I was never delayed and billing was always correct to Tricare. Never payed a cent with a major surgery and follow up radiation. All the docs had my complete history and I could email each one or get refills of scripts over the phone. This place is in the dark ages. JMHO Just wondering if The Villages Health will take Tricare secondary and handle the bills??
My husband has Medicare and Tricare for Life as his supplement, and goes to the Villages Health Care. It works perfectly. We haven't gotten a bill yet!
Old 11-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,903 Times in 2,443 Posts

Just when through this BS, Here's my take/Opinion.

Anybody that was grandfathered in and still in VHC with Tricare for life was over 65. If you under 65 and in VHC you will be booted or have to have UHC plan supplement cause VHC decided you have insurance change and with the signed agreement with UHC want you to take UHC plan. In my case I was grandfather in, but at 65 I had insurance change due to mandatory Medicare at 65 and TCFL. VHC decided if you have insurance change you will have to take there contracted plan or get booted. VHC is paid for each patient from UHC, plus what insurance money it collects the way I understand it. For me I will not Buy supplement for coverage I already have and Will NOT give up my TCFL. The OP I guess is under 65 and he will have insurance change at 65 thus the reason he's asking the questions. For all you that are over 65 and grandfather in, it had nothing to do with your situation cause OP is under 65.
Closed Thread

Tags
tricare, health, medicare, correct, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.