Villages Healthcare eligibility

Closed Thread
Old 10-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
I guess I was mistaken. I thought the stores were "Medicare" stores, not United Health Care stores. Guess I never looked close enough.
They hope that you will make that mistake just as most of the TV ads with a 1-800 number for Medicare advice hope you won't notice that they aren't really Medicare employees.

If you want unbiased advice, go talk to the SHINE folks. They are knowledgeable, unbiased, and have your best interests at heart. You can also contact the area agency on aging for this part of Florida

Elder Options

They are funded under the Older Americans Act and are a great resources for all seniors.

And if you want something to do, contact our congressional delegation to urge them to reauthorize the Older Americans Act. This act is the cornerstone for much of the funding for senior citizen programs.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy steam View Post
I have a really great plan , a bluecross blueshield PPO Medicare advantage plan. The villages new healthcare system won't accept it.
I have a similar Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Regional PPO plan. I was also told the plan was not accepted by the Villages Health system. I would have to change to a Florida Blue Supplement Plan F which costs $176 per month and the prescription plan would an additional $47.90 per month. No one from the Villages Health advised me of this issue even after I completed the application form. That's unfortunate as I thought the Village Health system would be a good choice. I will be exploring other alternatives.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:39 PM

If your Medicare Advantage plan is ending you then have a 'guaranteed issue right' to go back to Original Medicare and pick up a Medigap policy ie., supplement. The rate the insurance company can charge you will only be based on your age and not on any existing medical condition. Medigap Plan F (most coverage) can be under $200/month and you will never see a co-pay. You will also need a Plan D which can be as low as $12/month with no co-pays for tier 1 and tier 2 generics by mail order. See a SHINE counselor at The Villages rec centers during the open enrollment season. 1-800-963 5337.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:16 PM

We had the same experience. Switching to Florida Blue.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Gold member

There are many very good doctors here that do not belong to the villages health care system and many accept all kinds of plans.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.