Villages Hospital

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2016, 07:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Since The Villages Regional Hospital is not associated with The Villages or TV Health, except by location, maybe they should change the name?

That would certainly help minimize confusion.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:43 PM
Platinum member

I received the same notice. It should be noted that this Urology Group will continue to treat at Leesburg Regional Medical Center which is owned by Central Florida Health, as is The Villages Regional Hospital.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:11 PM
Veteran member

The villages Hospital ER is a Horror story. My wife was sent home from there as nothing wrong and wound up in ICU for 7 days less that 48 hours later all total a three weak hospital sta and now in Rehab in patient care. Septic infection with many related issues
Old 11-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Eternal Member

There are horror stories told about almost every hospital in the world. I worked at a wonderful hospital in Michigan and there were some that had horror stories to tell.
I have been admitted to the Villages Hospital about 7 times. A couple were for more than a week. I have gone through emergency there 3 or 4 times. I always had wonderful care by caring people.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:31 PM
Platinum member

I volunteer at the hospital and am in patient rooms once a week. I can say that nearly 98% of patients that I talk with about their hospital experience have very positive things to say. In almost all cases, they say that the nursing care is excellent. Most of the problems relate to communication with doctors and waiting for doctors to make their rounds and do discharges. There have been long waits in the emergency room but they added staff and I am getting better reports about the ER.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:07 PM

Last edited by LitespeedRider; 11-07-2016 at 07:08 PM. Reason: duplicate post
Old 11-07-2016, 07:34 PM
Gold member

Amazing how posts veer from the original topic. Advanced Urology Doctors no longer doing procedures at TVRH.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
Amazing how posts veer from the original topic. Advanced Urology Doctors no longer doing procedures at TVRH.
And if you read this thread...you will know why.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:10 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitespeedRider View Post
And if you read this thread...you will know why.
Actually, you will know nothing..
Old 11-07-2016, 09:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Hospitals Grant "Privileges" to Doctors
Each hospital has its own set of rules, regulations and policies defining how doctors can admit patients, and how they're allowed to treat patients. Usually the rules require doctors to submit a written application for their privileges. The application contains extensive information about the doctor's education, license and experience.
Different categories of privileges exist. These include:
Admitting privileges - allow a doctor to admit a patient to the hospital
Courtesy privileges - allow a doctor to occasionally admit or to visit and treat patients in the hospital
Surgical privileges - to perform surgery in the hospital's operating room or outpatient surgery area
Often the decision of whether to grant privileges to a doctor is a group decision made by a hospital's credentialing committee. The committee thoroughly reviews the doctor's application and conducts an in-person interview, then votes on whether to accept the doctor.

Hospitals Can Impose Residency Requirements
Hospitals can have strict requirements that a doctor must follow before they're considered for privileges. These can include requirements that the doctor reside within a certain distance from the hospital to be sure that the doctor can arrive quickly when needed.
You could have just said you didn't know why they were leaving.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
You could have just said you didn't know why they were leaving.
Old 11-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
I volunteer at the hospital and am in patient rooms once a week. I can say that nearly 98% of patients that I talk with about their hospital experience have very positive things to say. In almost all cases, they say that the nursing care is excellent. Most of the problems relate to communication with doctors and waiting for doctors to make their rounds and do discharges. There have been long waits in the emergency room but they added staff and I am getting better reports about the ER.

From observation I'm comfortable saying that the new addition and a few added nurses will not resolve the problem of waiting. The issue is the number of emergency room physicians on duty at any given time. They are the bottleneck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2016, 12:32 PM

My wife is currently seeing one of the docs at Advanced Urology (with whom we are really pleased). On Friday he explained to us that the issue that influenced their decision was "on call" requirements. Given where the docs in the practice live, mostly in Ocala or south of Leesburg, it had become very difficult for them to cover "on call." Docs would often have to travel from Leesburg to TV then on to Munroe and back again to cover consults. This made it hard on them and difficult to give the time that the consults required. Now the docs who live south will cover Leesburg and those north will cover Munroe. He didn't indicate that there was any particular problem with TV Hospital and actually had some positive things to say about it. It all came down to helping the docs meet the needs of their patients while not running ragged themselves. By the way, my wife required a procedure that was done at Monroe and we were pleased with the services there. Advanced plans to continue providing services in their Villages office.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default OhioBuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHornet View Post
Eleven Urologist associated with Advanced
Urology Institute announced this week that they will no longer work out of the Villages Hospital ? This is a real inconvenience to patients who will now have to go to Leesburg RMC or Ocala and Munroe RMC for any hospital services.
Has The Villages Hospital standards fallen so low that these 11 Drs. refuse to work there ?
Well I only had to deal with TV hospital one time & it wasn't a pleasant one. To make a long story short, it was within 1 or 2 months after we moved here. I had a 5 way heart bypass just 2 months before in Ohio. I had a terrible bone spur in my mouth on my Torri when the tried to put tubes in me. I check in at emergency waiting room & my heart Dr told me to be very careful about not getting the flu, well needless to say the waiting room was full & 3 people had puke buckets sitting next to their chairs. When my wife & I tried to explain to the receptionist about the problem she said sorry theirs nothing I can do about it,well after 3 hrs. & 20 mins. of waiting I got in & the Dr. on call to put it short didn't do nothing. We got a bill in the mail for $3,200. Well needless to say my wife just about had kittens. She took all the paper work, bills from TV, cautions what not to do & things to be careful about. Then we somehow got to talk to the CEO of TV hospital. She said she would take care of it, because there was some issues that she (CEO) said was a NO-NO the hospital did. WE GOT ANOTHER BILL FROM TV HOSPITAL, BALANCE $0,000. If I have any heart issues I'm going to Ocala or Leesburg. Besides TV does have a heart ward, to treat heart issues.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default OhioBuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure this out. And it's not about the money !!!
BINGO, I fact this might be the reason that I might move out of TV in a couple of yrs. As much as I like it here, I've had a 5 way heart bypass & I want to be close to a hospital that can treat me if I have heart issues. My health & life is worth more than having a little fun!
Closed Thread

Tags
hospital, villages, work, rmc, ocala

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.