Villages Hospital ER Experience - awful
Home

Menu



Notices

» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Villages Hospital ER Experience - awful
  #1  
Old 01-02-2017, 11:14 AM
Tbear Tbear is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 20
Default Villages Hospital ER Experience - awful

My wife became quite ill yesterday vomiting multiple times, 103.3 fever, loss of mental capacity - very scary and had to take her to the ER because everything was closed after 8 pm.

By the time I got here there she could barely sit up and was pretty foggy. I signed her in at the ER desk and was told to sit down in the waiting area. An hour later - still sitting there with my wife barely able to stay awake.

Went to the desk and was told to go see the triage nurse. Triage nurse said that she was next to be evaluated to see when she could be schedulef to be seen by the medical staff. Fifteen minutes went by - still nothing.

I understand that an ER operates on a highest need basis etc., etc. but my wife was obviously in need of immediate attention.

I walked out and drove her to Leesburg Hospital - walked in and they took one look at her and she was being treat literally in minutes. I can't speak highly enough about the Leesburg staff.

Due to privacy, suffice to say that my wife is doing much better thanks to the great care in the ER at Leesburg.

I will never, ever, step foot in the Villages Hospital again.

Beware - it's just a short drive to Leesburg if you ever have a medical emergency - I strongly recommend avoiding the Villages ER.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 01-02-2017, 11:31 AM
Allegiance Allegiance is offline
Soaring Eagle member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,205
Default

Silly question to anyone that might know, do people brought by ambulance have better treatment than described by the op?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk
__________________
Proud to be a Villager and American.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 01-02-2017, 11:33 AM
kstew43 kstew43 is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 779
Default

Monroe Memorial in Ocala is another choice...straight down 27
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-02-2017, 11:47 AM
gossie16@comcast.net gossie16@comcast.net is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
Monroe Memorial in Ocala is another choice...straight down 27
Down 27 is Leesburg
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-02-2017, 11:50 AM
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Soaring Eagle member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 2,166
Default

T

Glad she is doing well!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-02-2017, 11:51 AM
kstew43 kstew43 is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossie16@comcast.net View Post
Down 27 is Leesburg
you are so right....UP 27
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-02-2017, 11:53 AM
Bonny's Avatar
Bonny Bonny is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Village of BonnyBrook
Posts: 3,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
Silly question to anyone that might know, do people brought by ambulance have better treatment than described by the op?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk
Not really. I have been taken in by ambulance a few times. I got care in the ambulance so when I got to the hospital I was in the hallway on the stretcher for awhile. All times I went in I did end up being admitted.
__________________
Troy, Rochester, Hazel Park, Harbor Beach, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-02-2017, 11:54 AM
Bonny's Avatar
Bonny Bonny is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Village of BonnyBrook
Posts: 3,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbear View Post
My wife became quite ill yesterday vomiting multiple times, 103.3 fever, loss of mental capacity - very scary and had to take her to the ER because everything was closed after 8 pm.

By the time I got here there she could barely sit up and was pretty foggy. I signed her in at the ER desk and was told to sit down in the waiting area. An hour later - still sitting there with my wife barely able to stay awake.

Went to the desk and was told to go see the triage nurse. Triage nurse said that she was next to be evaluated to see when she could be schedulef to be seen by the medical staff. Fifteen minutes went by - still nothing.

I understand that an ER operates on a highest need basis etc., etc. but my wife was obviously in need of immediate attention.

I walked out and drove her to Leesburg Hospital - walked in and they took one look at her and she was being treat literally in minutes. I can't speak highly enough about the Leesburg staff.

Due to privacy, suffice to say that my wife is doing much better thanks to the great care in the ER at Leesburg.

I will never, ever, step foot in the Villages Hospital again.

Beware - it's just a short drive to Leesburg if you ever have a medical emergency - I strongly recommend avoiding the Villages ER.
If she was next, she may have been taken in before the time it took you to go to Leesburg. Glad everything worked out.
__________________
Troy, Rochester, Hazel Park, Harbor Beach, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-02-2017, 12:33 PM
jnieman jnieman is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hadley
Posts: 2,687
Default

Got food poisoning a couple of weeks ago and had a similar experience. I was holding a bucket the entire time, couldn't sit down, I begged them to find a place for me to lie down as I was in extreme pain. I was the only one in the waiting room but they still didn't come and get me for an hour and a half. They didn't put me in a wheel chair and I could hardly walk. I had to follow the tech down several hallways all the way to the end. I had to sit down twice but neither time did they offer a chair. After I received fluids and meds I was discharged several hours later and had to walk those long hallways again. Finally I asked for a wheel chair and they gave me one. I was not impressed and won't be going back there again.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-02-2017, 01:28 PM
jimnc jimnc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Default

Thank you for posting on TOTV. Your experiences will help guide the rest of us if emergency care is needed and circumstances are such that we can make a choice. In addition, you should report what happened to the hospital administrator.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
leesburg, wife, hospital, villages, desk

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Clubs, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.