Visitor needing medical referrals

Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Default Visitor needing medical referrals

I plan on visiting TV next spring and having my annual medical, dental, and vision exams done there rather than up north as I usually do. I have Medicare with an employer supplemental and am over 65. Can someone recommend a practice and/or area dental and vision services I might contact for appts. or referrals? Thanks

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:06 PM
Sage
Default Visitor needing medical referrals

For vision care I would recommend Ocala Eye. Their Villages location is:
The Villages
1950 Laurel Manor Drive,
Suite 250
The Villages, FL 32162

13524303356 phone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxelle44 View Post
I plan on visiting TV next spring and having my annual medical, dental, and vision exams done there rather than up north as I usually do. I have Medicare with an employer supplemental and am over 65. Can someone recommend a practice and/or area dental and vision services I might contact for appts. or referrals? Thanks
It seems nobody wants to answer your question because that subject has been discussed ad nauseum. If you want to be treated by The Villages Health Care System, you'll need to switch to United Health Medicare Advantage, as 2017 that's the only plan they will accept. That plan has drug coverage and there are no premiums. If you want to read what villages had to say, there are many threads, here's one.

The Villages Medicare Advantage Plan

With the plan you have, I would guess the largest non-Villages medical office is Premier Medical. They have an office at LSL in the medical buildings south of Toojays and another office on Santa Barbara near the Hospital and they also have an urgent care at that location. My wife went to them for 5 years before switching over to TV plan. They have about 15 doctors, here's a link for them.

Premier Medical Associates
Old 12-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Sage

Have you read your employer supplemental contract to see if they will cover doctors out of your network? We had that issue...called "balance billing." If the doctor or facility was not in network, we had to pay the difference.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,103 Times in 2,232 Posts

I would check your present coverage for 'in network' doctors and dentists, then resubmit your question and ask for recommendations from people that have used these doctors or clinics. Some of the doctors are picky about supplemental insurance so I do not think that anyone could reply, without knowing your specific insurance company and possibly the specific plan, JMHO. For example my wife and I had to drop our PCP with Villages Health, and we found a new doctor in Leesburg, but I have no idea which insurance plans the practice accepts, we have AARP United Health care supplemental plans.
Hope this helps.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:13 AM
Default dentist

Just became a new patient at Mulberry Dental. Dr. Nixon is very friendly and gentle.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:06 AM
Sage

Good luck finding non-emergency health care. There are 18,000 patients being booted out of Villages Health as of 1/1/17. They are all looking for new doctors now.

Tags
vision, medical, dental, referrals, recommend

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.