Warning - Urgent Care 441 Overcharging

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2016, 05:35 PM
Default Warning - Urgent Care 441 Overcharging

Be careful of extra charges when using Urgent Care 441.

I have had to go to a doctor 3 separate times while in The Villages. Rather than go to the Emergency Room I went to Urgent Care 441 in Summerfield (across from Walmart). For each visit, I had lab work done and received treatment. About 3 days later, I called to get a copy of the lab reports to take to regular doctors back home. The receptionist said I had to come to the office to get a copy of the report. At the office I was told I could only get the report from the doctor. They sent me to one of the rooms in the back and the doctor came in and handed me a copy of the report and I left. That happened after each of my three visits.

I just received a bill for all the visits and I was charged $130 for each visit to get a copy of the lab report from the previous visit. I have never been charged by any other doctor for a lab report and they claim they are completely within their rights to charge consultation charges for delivering the reports.

I have disputed the charges with my insurance company and waiting for their assessment. I will never go to Urgent Care 441 and I advise anyone needing care of that type to go elsewhere.

It's no wonder health care costs are so expensive when doctors like these try to take advantage of patients and insurance companies.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwill27 View Post
Be careful of extra charges when using Urgent Care 441.

I have had to go to a doctor 3 separate times while in The Villages. Rather than go to the Emergency Room I went to Urgent Care 441 in Summerfield (across from Walmart). For each visit, I had lab work done and received treatment. About 3 days later, I called to get a copy of the lab reports to take to regular doctors back home. The receptionist said I had to come to the office to get a copy of the report. At the office I was told I could only get the report from the doctor. They sent me to one of the rooms in the back and the doctor came in and handed me a copy of the report and I left. That happened after each of my three visits.

I just received a bill for all the visits and I was charged $130 for each visit to get a copy of the lab report from the previous visit. I have never been charged by any other doctor for a lab report and they claim they are completely within their rights to charge consultation charges for delivering the reports.

I have disputed the charges with my insurance company and waiting for their assessment. I will never go to Urgent Care 441 and I advise anyone needing care of that type to go elsewhere.

It's no wonder health care costs are so expensive when doctors like these try to take advantage of patients and insurance companies.
Overcharging and questionable billing are the norm everywhere. You have to check everything and push back. Insurance companies have negotiated pretty good rates for their clients but there are a lot of grey areas the medical community is taking advantage of. My wife had a normal colonoscopy and when we got the invoice the doctors office who performed the procedure had sent a sample out for analysis to a lab not of my insurers list and we had an $2000 bill. My Florida Blue insurance had negotiated a $300 for this testing in network. With a number of calls I was able to get decision reversed but was wondering how many people get stuck like this and don't know how to work their way through the system. It's a reason I'm for a single payer system now.
Closed Thread

Tags
care, report, doctor, urgent, lab, copy, visit, charges, office, received, insurance, charged, visits, doctors, back, reports, charge, rights, consultation, previous, $130, completely, claim, expensive, costs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.