We need recommendations for eye exams.

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2017, 07:58 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Lake Eye is good. Dr Gutti is the new Dr Holman

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 03-18-2017, 08:44 PM

You'll find that Medicare does not generally cover routine eye exams. There are things that Medicare Part B will cover but you would need to ask about the specific cases. A good place to start getting information is the Medicare Web Site that discusses coverage of eye examinations. Eye exams | Medicare.gov has some good info but it might give you just enough information to be dangerous to yourself. It will however give you some basic ideas on topics to explore with a specific eye clinic.

Best of luck in your search.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:14 AM
Sage

I have gotten free eye exams using my AARP card
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 03-19-2017, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Wall mart 466 couldn't be happier 100% satisfied only $100 bucks
Old 03-20-2017, 07:14 AM
Smile Eye Docs

St. Luke's is also very good. My wife and I both had cataract surgery there, very pleased with the staff and Doctors.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:41 AM

I've been to two eye-care providers. OCALA EYE is the very BEST. I've, also, heard bad things about Mid-Florida from one of their former employees, as well as Lake Eye. Be careful. You only have one set of eyes and they can be quickly ruined by going to the wrong doctor. Do your homework and check their experience, credentials, and customer comments on the Internet.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:27 AM

St. Luke's Cataract & Laser Institute, they do it all. Had my cataracts removed there and they picked me up at the house and drove me home. Very nice staff.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We all three see Dr. Jodi Armstrong at Ocala Eye.

She is smart. (a medical doctor) and warm too.

She removed my cataracts and she does dozens of those surgeries every Monday. I have yet to meet anyone who wasn't satisfied.

They have LOTS and lots and lots and lots of patients, and you usually have to wait a half an hour to 45 minutes and they keep the place like a refrigerator. So take a jacket or sweater.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:39 PM

I do not like ocala eye- received two different opinions about my condition at ocala eye from two doctors. The 2nd opinion happen to agree with my doctor i had at uofm hospital. I now go to mid florida eye , and like the staff and doctor vey much. He explains everything.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:41 PM

Mid florida eye is the best for me
Old 03-21-2017, 08:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default OhioBuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdiebill View Post
Both my wife and I need our annual eye exams. While living up north, my brother was our optometrist, but it is not practical to go there to see him. We are now year around residents in the Villages.

I am considering either Mid-Florida eye, Lake eye, or Ocala eye since all three have optometrists and ophthalmologists on staff. I have a small cataract that will probably need treated in a few years, but right now we just need to get established in a practice with regular eye exams.

Any pros or cons on these three? Or should we consider a different group? Our insurance is regular medicare.
I go to PEEPERS at Colony Cottage. They seem to except about any kind of Ins. Hope this helps some. My glasses & exam is FREE!
Old 04-26-2017, 09:06 AM
Default Fuchs' Dystrophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gullwing7 View Post
My parents are moving down here in about 6 weeks from Rochester NY. My father has Fuchs Dystrophy and will need a cornea transplant in the near future.
I have Fuchs' Dystrophy and several years ago my Michigan doctor did DSAEK corneal transplants and cataract surgery in both eyes very successfully. He was trained by Dr. Gorovoy in Ft. Myers and recommended I see him. Dr. Gorovoy also trained Dr. Polack at Ocala Eye and recommended him as a local doctor. I see Dr. Gorovoy annually and Dr. Polack between visits to Dr. Gorovoy. I highly recommend both doctors.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:09 PM

lange is a NO
Old 05-01-2017, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I'm waiting for my cataract operation later this month. I'm happy with the Doctor and most of the staff at their office. They are very busy but when the doctor is with you, the focus is on you. This is different than what we experienced at our first home. I must say I didn't like the way I was spoken to when the very nice young girl was trying to take my eye pressure. Somehow, someway, the prayer I said before I went into the office must have worked because divine intervention held me back from going N.J. on this lovely girl. All in all May 24th is the big day. I'll keep you posted. I'll also let the OP know privately who the Doctor is so nobody flips me out with a horror story. I think the Dr's name may have been Vinny Boombatz.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:32 PM

Use DR Collins at Grand Traverse EyeSite..best exam ever done, does his own testing with latest equipment and love my glasses..Lake Eye for Ophthalmologists....Dr Holman highly recommended....
Closed Thread

Tags
eye, exams, regular, small, cataract

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.