Where to buy eyeglasses

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2017, 09:03 PM
Default Where to buy eyeglasses

Has anyone had either good or bad experiences with
HINDSITE in Pinellas Plaza on 466A and/or EYESITE in Traverse Plaza? Suggestions about any other optical shops.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnessmama88@comcast.net View Post
Has anyone had either good or bad experiences with
HINDSITE in Pinellas Plaza on 466A and/or EYESITE in Traverse Plaza? Suggestions about any other optical shops.
Peepers in Colony and Hindsight in Pinellas Plaza are owned by the same partners and both are reputable. They'll both redo your glasses if you're not satisfied for any reason. However, Ibrahim Salmon, the manager of Hindsight is an exceptional optometrist with experience in low vision lenses. He would be my first choice.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:00 PM

My Wife just used Peepers --they couldn't have been more helpful

Did a great job on glasses and customer service was excellent ..
Old 01-20-2017, 05:29 AM

Another vote for Peepers in the Colony Shopping Plaza. Excellent customer service.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:55 AM

Both my husband and I have used Hindsight and would recommend them.

In my case, I lost glasses which I wear nearly all day (yes, I know...how can that happen!). Since my previous Rx was nearly a year old, Hindsight accommodated me with a same day appointment to re-evaluate my vision; the new glasses arrived the next morning. Meanwhile I had purchased a pair of cheap readers to get by and casually mentioned how tight they were. The technician quickly volunteered to adjust them - service above and beyond.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Peepers without a doubt.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,107 Times in 2,235 Posts

We have used Hindsight for the last 2 years, with excellent results, will be going back in the next month or so after my next exam. I have progressive lens, and many of the other eye glass suppliers quoted higher prices, and a 10 to 14 day wait for the glasses as they had to made off site. Hindsight has lab on the premises so they were available the next day, and at a very reasonable cost. I had always used Lens crafters before moving here, but the closest one is Ocala.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCART View Post
Peepers in Colony and Hindsight in Pinellas Plaza are owned by the same partners and both are reputable. They'll both redo your glasses if you're not satisfied for any reason. However, Ibrahim Salmon, the manager of Hindsight is an exceptional optometrist with experience in low vision lenses. He would be my first choice.
REDCART.......With no disrespect meant, I think that you might be giving out a little misinformation.

After operating a very well established (44 years) optical establishment in Miami, Fl., my brother-n-law and I sold the practice 5 years ago to an optometrist who is still operating the business very successfully under our guidance. With that being said, I consider myself to be more than just a Licensed Dispensing Optician in The State of Florida. I sincerely feel that with my 53 years of experience in retail, I am a pretty good judge of how a retail business should operate. Therefore, I wish to inform you that while Ibrahim Salmon is the SOLE OWNER of both Peepers and Hindsight, he is neither an Optometrist nor a Licensed Dispensing Optician. If he led you to believe that he has a license in either of those professions, you were seriously misinformed and I'm certain that you would agree that would not be an honest way to run a business.

After due diligence in seeking out an Optical establishment in The Villages that is run in a professional manner for myself as well as my friends and family, I highly recommend EyeSite of The Villages in The Grand Traverse Shopping Plaza at Powell Road and Hwy 44. This establishment is solely owned and operated by Dr. Paul Collins who is a Licensed Optometrist in The State of Florida. During the past two years, I have come to know Dr. Collins as being a very personable, honest and professional eye doctor who is operating his business by giving great service with very competitive prices. At my suggestion, Dr. Collins is even open for exams and the purchase of eye glasses and contact lenses on Saturdays, which seems to be something that is unheard of in The Villages for retail optical shops.

I would also like to make mention that since Dr. Collins opened his practice, I have referred numerous people to EyeSite who have been more than just satisfied with the service that they received.

Last edited by almark45; 01-21-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:42 PM
Veteran member

Another vote for Perpers. Something else that I learned...if you have cataract surgery Medicare will cover 1st $100 of 1st pair of new glasses.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:07 AM

We had an excellent experience with EyeSite at Grand Traverse. We took a prescription from Ocala Eye there and they had the glasses ready in about 4 hours. Granted, it was a pretty simple prescription, but we were impressed at how quickly they had them ready. Very nice staff as well. They also have a $100 coupon in the coupon section here on TOTV.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:01 PM
Sage

So did Dr. Collins at Peepers in Colony sell out and then establish EyeSite? I'm confused about who owns which optical store and which ones have an optometrist to do eye exams.
Closed Thread

Tags
plaza, and/or, 466a, pinellas, eyesite

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.