Who do you have for a doctor At Colony?

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Sage
Default Who do you have for a doctor At Colony?

At Colony? Just signed up with The Villages Health Care. We need to pick a physician as our care provider and have no idea who we should choose.
Drs. Noel, Harley and Jordhl are no longer taking new patients.

Have to call and give our choice so we can set up our first appt, our meet and greet.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
At Colony? Just signed up with The Villages Health Care. We need to pick a physician as our care provider and have no idea who we should choose.
Drs. Noel, Harley and Jordhl are no longer taking new patients.

Have to call and give our choice so we can set up our first appt, our meet and greet.
On what basis do they expect you to choose? Do they provide you with any information? Or do they just give you the names?
Old 09-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
On what basis do they expect you to choose? Do they provide you with any information? Or do they just give you the names?
They gave us a Bio on each of the doctors. Since they are all new (most from up north) we researched each one and looked at their scores where they were coming from. We're VERY HAPPY with who we got and he was one of the 4 that we picked.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
You choose just as you would any health care provider....check their information, ask others about their experiences. We are given a list of physicians accepting patients at Colony. I have friends using the center at Colony and they have picked their provider, but have not yet had their first appointment.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Platinum member

Here's web site with list of docs.
Colony Care Center | The Villages
Tampa, FL
Old 09-21-2013, 10:02 AM

I picked up my Colony sign up packet in July. Had to wait a month for an intake appointment where your info is entered into the computer system and then had to wait another six weeks for my first appointment with my chosen Doctor. Then two days before my appointment I was told the Dr. was giving a talk and I would be seeing an
LPN.

I asked when an appt was available for me to actually see my Dr. which turned out to
be in late December - so if you want to go to Colony for your medical care start early and have LOTS OF PATIENCE!!! (and be healthy) 24/7 availability my foot!
Old 09-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Platinum member

If your doctor was giving a talk, perhaps you could have postponed your appointment. My husband signed up about a month ago. His appointment with his selected doctor isn't until Dec. They said other doctors had appointments sooner--should that be his choice. He said Dec would be fine. They said to come in any time if a problem should arise. (He would probably see another doc or PA in this instance).

It is my understanding that the doctors stay pretty much on schedule. I waited less than 5 minutes. If I came in needing some stitches in my hand, I would be promptly treated, but not by my assigned physician. This is the way they can keep appointments on time. Everyone has complete access to your records--including the patient on their own computer.
Tampa, FL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.