Wow-TVH temper tantrums

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2016, 05:46 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Not addressed here and the underlying issue for all of this is the affect ACA has had on the health care and health insurance industries. the subject matter is too complex and too political but in a nutshell ACA was passed to create government directed oligopolies and that is what is occurring with the proposed mergers of some health care insurance giants.

Its forcing many changes in pricing, benefits etc. On a practical level how does an ethical doctor respond given the demands made by government and the continuing reduction in fee schedules. My cardio is a guy I respect. He hates that he has to keyboard on his computer to satisfy government/insurance demands when he rather be truly doctoring. I read that medical schools are having a drop in application, especially for primary care physicians . I read that in networks are causing rapid pricing increases of out of network providers. The health care industry has been in continuing flux consolidations, changing medical models ,etc. some physicians are simply doing a cash business providing their patients with the needed billing to return to government/insurance companies ...will it work?

Bottom line is bottom line how do you balance ethical obligations with remaining in business if you are a health care provider?
Old 07-26-2016, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post

Bottom line is bottom line how do you balance ethical obligations with remaining in business if you are a health care provider?
And more than that, there is the issue of whether our brightest will continue to choose to go into medicine when they can have a less stressful life and make more money in other areas. The person describing the problems with Canada's social medicine mentions they aren't recruiting enough doctors in Canada.. If you make yourself study and work and commit to a grueling residency for many years after others have graduated and earning a living, it seems right to me that you SHOULD make a lot of money as a skilled doctor.

Now those who are more high minded and maybe more left of me would say, HAH...another money grubber, but I just say it like it is. Socialized medicine discourages medical vocations, and makes medicine less good. It makes people wait for needed procedures, and does not allow them to choose their doctors.

I don't like anything that smacks of socialized medicine, but we both have worked to have good insurance and saved to have money for health needs.

The old Squirrel saving the nuts for the long winter is not pleased with the young ones partying during the nut harvest season. Sacrifices must be made for important issues. If you don't take care of your own family, who is expected to?

We know that answer.

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-26-2016 at 09:01 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
tvh, care, order, open, ensure

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.